Not really about Flash getting his ass handed

soo..... as the title says this isn't about Flash getting his ass handed to him. it's a speech at a wedding reception

©©©©©©©©©©©

A clink of a fork meeting a glass filled with apple juice caught the attention of the surrounding people. The wedding was a quiet affair..... as quiet as it could get with their family.

They would need to have a public wedding with Media and influential figures later, but this... this is just for them and their family.

The young boy who clinked the glass cleared his throat,

"Dearly beloved, we're gathered here now to let go of our frustration of about five years when these idiots were lost in pine city and complain about them-" The boy began earning an eye roll from his father, and a sheepish smile from his new stepfather. Natasha raised her glass in a silent agreement.

"Dad, and Steve -wow I can call you pops now - ahem- dad and pops, you two are formidable warriors, two of the earth's mightiest heroes. people villains, supervillains have second thoughts about fighting.

"Two people who had been torn apart from time to time only to be back together stronger than ever. you two have been plagued by your own demons yet managed to give your utmost to help the other in times of need.

"as impressive as that is, I have to share that you two are also the worst at noticing your own feelings for each other, and even worse at figuring out the other's feeling for yourself.

Flashback#1

"Ok, what's going on with you? you've been out of it all day, and I know this isn't a depressive episode" Peter questioned putting down the piece of Natasha's gauntlet he has been working with,

Tony sighs and was about to open his mouth before he was cut off

"It's not nothing dad especially if it has you so worked up, you can tell me anything, you know that right?" Peter smiled at the man reassuringly and bit his lip, his dad doesn't usually hide things from him, what could it be.

"I think I fell" Tony says after a pause. Peter stares at him uncomprehendingly.

"I mean I fell for some one.... for Cap actually. " his father looks slightly bashfully but Peter is still looking at him blankly

"ok?"
"yeah, that's what's been on my mind." Tony says to clarify.

Peter was beginning to look confused

"How is that new news?" he asks and Tony sputtered.

"I just told you I like Captain America, and this is your reaction? " Tony raises an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah? I've known since forever? you're not that subtle " Peter remarks and it's Tony's turn to look confused,

"Kid I just figured it out what do you mean you've known since forever? "

"Well, it's just how you look at him? and you ether listen to him more often than others or you just flat out ignore everything he says and all that I just thought it was something you just don't speak of but is just there." Peter says defensively.

Tony took the information in processes it then his eyes widened comically,
"son of a bitch." he muttered just as Peter broke into peals of laughter.

Flashback #2

Steve looked nervous as he was talking,
"Look Peter, what I'm about to say....it could change the way you look at me, so just.... don't hate me ok?" Steve cautions and Peter could sense his anticipation grow and nodded.

"I... like your father." Steve ends up saying. Peter nods not understanding,

"Uh, yeah, you two work really well together, why did you sound so nervous?"

"uh Peter.... I mean, I like your father... romantically. " Steve explained further. And Peter nodded the same way again,

"I don't see what you're trying to say Cap, it's kinda too obvious not to notice." Peter says and watches Steve's eyes go was wide as dinner plates.

"you knew?!? "

Peter shrugged,
"Everyone knew Steve, well.. bar you and dad apparently. " The supersoldier let out an embarrassed sound and hid his face in the couch. Peter patted his arms, those two are idiots.

Present time

"I remember that the day the two of you figured out your feelings for each other, and told me, it was the same day, and literally no one but the two of you seemed to think that it was a ground shattering revelation.

"some of us were the target of your pine rants"

Flashback #3

"He hates me, I swear he hates me."
"he doesn't hate you dad, he just got angry that you put yourself in danger and he was worried "

Tony looked at Peter contemplatively,
"Nah, he hates my guts"
***

"Oh my god he's gonna hate me forever!" Steve wailed.
"He doesn't hate you punk."

"I yelled at him"
"you were worried, he'll understand"

Steve seemed to consider it then rolled over and buried his face in the pillow
"He's still gonna hate me"

From two different rooms Peter and Bucky gave equally exparated sighs.

Present time

"And the amount of ogling the two of you did was obscene, and weird that neither of you noticed."

Flashback #4

Peter mimed gagging Natasha was contemplating shoving the two of them in a room together. Rhody and Bruce was pointedly ignoring the two of them.

When Peter suggested that they spend their vacation in the beach, he didn't realize the amount of ogling that would go unnoticed by the two.

Present time

"What I'm trying to say is, the two of you have been ridiculously in love for a very long time and I know that you'll continue to do that from now too, so a very big congratulations from me and the avengers dads." Peter finished while the rest of the room applauded and his fathers were grinning at him. they were happy so that's all that matters.