Chapter: 2~ If you wanted fantasy, don't take the bus

Once the boys had paid and gotten on the bus, the next thing to do was sit down. Most of the seats were taken, full of weekend commuters. There were only a couple of double seats left and only a single four-seater near the back of the vehicle. The boys walked up to the four seats and shuffled in, sitting down. All of them except Newt. He stood there looking slightly uncomfortable. There wasn't enough room for the small boy and the closest seat was two rows forwards. Still, Newt simply put on an unsure smile.

"Don't worry guys, it's only an hour long journey, I'll be ok."

He turned back and walked down towards the empty seats, jolting with the movement of the bus. The other four looked at each other, knowing that there wasn't much they could do but still felt awful leaving Newt on his own.

"Um, shouldn't we do something? It just doesn't seem fair, that's all." Frypan queried as he looked down the aisle to where Newt had gone.

"Well, what do you suggest we do? There's only so many seats in this moving tin can." This came from Minho who raised his eyebrows in question.

Thomas stood up, causing Minho to move as well, unsure of what was going on. He smiled at the Asian boy and motioned for him to stay sitting.
"It's alright, I will go and sit with him. It'll be an even better opportunity to get to know him."

Minho wolf whistled and winked, "Go get him, Thomas."

Thomas just rolled his eyes, ignoring the remark and stumbled along the walkway. He gript onto the seat headrests to stay upright but it didn't help much when the bus driver braked suddenly. He lost his grip and fell, sprawled on the ground. His nose hit the plastic flooring and pain shot through his skull. He heard Minho, Frypan and Gally laugh behind him and a few sniggers mixed in with the gasps from the other passengers. He pushed himself onto his knees, his head aching and embarrassment tinting his cheeks red. He looked down and was confused to see deep crimson splotches.

Where did that come from? Then he remembered, as another drop fell and splattered in a pattern on the rough flooring. His nose. Carefully, almost in fear of what he would find, Thomas lifted a hand to his nose. When it touched something wet and sticky, he pulled it back to see exactly what he thought. Blood.

"Shit!"

He'd only been on the ground for no more than ten seconds, but that was plenty of time for some of the other commuters to worry. A nice couple that were sitting in the seats next to him asked if he was ok. He nodded but stayed on the ground. That's when Newt came over.

He hadn't seen Thomas fall but had looked over when people had begun to laugh and gasp. Now he was crouched next to the hurt boy, gripping onto the metal bar next to him for dear life. The last thing he wanted was to fall on his ass like Thomas had done. Newt reached out with his free hand and tilted the brunettes head up to face him. Instantly, his eyes locked onto the little trail of blood snaking its way down from his nose. He smiled sympathetically and offered his hand, which Thomas took gladly, a slight blush on his cheeks.

"What were you doing Tommy?"

"I was just coming over to sit with you when the driver braked. And, well, the rest you know."

Newt laughed lightly at Thomas' misfortune as they made their way to the spare spaces. He slipped into the seat by the window and Thomas sat down heavily next to him, lifting his arm up to wipe the blood away with his sleeve. Newt instantly reacted by grabbing his hand and pulling it away from his face.

"Don't do that, you'll ruin your shirt. I've got a tissue, use this instead." He complained as he moved the white cloth to clean his face. As he wiped at the blood, he realised what he was doing and turned a light shade of pink. Newt also noticed he was still holding Thomas' hand and let go quickly, handing over the tissue. "Um, I'll, uh, let you do that."