Chapter: 18~ Mother knows best

WARNING: contains scenes of partial smut.

It was three days later when Newt was finally discharged from the hospital and the news was delivered by none other than Nurse Jones.

She broke the news in the morning, luckily while Thomas was there, and it was followed by the silence of disbelief. Then, Newt suddenly jumped out of his bed and rushed to hug his mom, blabbering with joy. However, he soon noticed Thomas standing quietly in one corner and limped towards him, pulling him into a tight hug as well. He buried his face in the crock of Thomas' neck, drawing in his sweet scent, before he pulled away, laughing with happiness.

The two weeks of rest and rehabilitation had paid off, as Newt was able to walk properly now, except for a small limp in his right leg and the occasional dose of discomfort. It meant that he and his friends had caused mischief around the hospital; like taking latex gloves from storage rooms and blowing them into balloons or messing about with CPR dummies.

Occasionally, only Thomas and Newt wandered about the hospital, getting up to their own mischief. Sometimes it was the only time they got alone. Sometimes they were just bored out of their minds and needed something to do. Either way, there was always at least a kiss shared between them when they were away from a crowd.

One time, Newt even pushed Thomas into a storage closet, desperate to make-out with him but Thomas knocked over a load of equipment. They'd legged it as quickly as possible, laughing uncontrollably all the way back to room A5.

Another time the boys had been walking around the bottom floor, which was a maze of corridors and rooms. They didn't know what they were doing and were just talking as they walked.

"Bloody hell, I just remembered. It's our one week anniversary of being boyfriends!" Newt said, smiling brightly, "We're gonna' have to do something to celebrate."

"Why don't we go down to the cafeteria."

"Yeah..?"

"And get some goo-"

Before Thomas could finish his sentence, he was pulled swiftly down a side corridor that the two boys were walking past. Newt smirked, making sure no one was coming past, then roughly pushed Thomas against a wall behind a pillar outcrop. Thomas yelped in shock but relaxed into Newts touch when he realised what was going on.

"I was actually thinking of something a bit more private," Newt whispered, his mouth lingering by Thomas' ear, sending shivers down his spine.

Then, their lips connected in a frenzy of passion and hunger, moving together perfectly. Thomas' hand shifted to Newt's stomach, drawing circles lightly above the fabric, while Newt's hands were tugging at brunette hair.

However, the light brushing against the blond's abdomen was soon ended as Thomas removed his hand and slipped it behind Newt's back instead, pulling him in suddenly. Their bodies were so close that not even a sheet of paper could be slid between them and the kissing continued as rough as before. The two boys blushed viciously, heat rising between them and reaching right down to their bones.

Newt licked Thomas' bottom lip, in the hopes of gaining entrance but before Thomas could respond, the sound of a door closing made the two boys pull away. They quickly moved apart not wanting to get caught and straightened out their clothes, still breathing heavily. Smiling at each other, they resumed their walk to the cafeteria, as if nothing had just happened.

However, that was one of the last times the boys did anything as playful in the hospital corridors. Simply because it had happened the day before and now Newt was able to leave.

Thomas, Newt and his mother were all walking down to the reception, ready to sign out when Thomas realised what time it was. He'd been so distracted with Newt's leaving that he'd completely forgotten about school.