Chapter: 9~ Is the end of a storm always calm?

Bits of debris flew through the air as Minho sprinted all out in the dozen meters to the door. He slammed into it, luckily it wasn't locked, and ran inside. Gally came charging in only a few seconds afterwards, with Frypan close behind and skidded along the ground to stop himself.

Lastly, Thomas ran in. He glanced behind him and saw no one else running, so slammed the door closed. All four boys breathed heavily as they looked around the room. The sound of the tornado assaulted their ears but something inside didn't seem right and almost scared them more.

Then Thomas realised what was wrong and a panic flared up inside of him. There were only three petrified faces in the room. Newt was missing!

His breathing became even more rapid and irregular as he moved over to one of the only intact windows in the house. He passed Minho on the way, who had a half smile on his lips but it turned into a look of worry when he saw Thomas' panic. Minho asked something but the brunette didn't hear with the blood rushing through his ears.

Thomas reached the window and his heart jumped into his throat. Newt was still out there! And he was lying on the ground, unmoving!
"No, no, no..." He whispered.

Minho and the other boys came up next to him. There faces changed instantly when they saw the body of the blond lying in the path of the storm.

"Thomas, don't even think about going out there. Even for Newt. It's too dangerous," Minho said as the whole structure shook, almost to prove his point.

He still wasn't listening as he stumbled to the door, desperation blocking everything else out. It was only Newt now. As he reached for the old rusted handle, Gally stepped in front of him, blocking his way out.

"Get out of my way!" Thomas shouted as he tried to move around the taller boy but Gally simply pushed him away.

"Didn't you hear Minho? It's too dangerous." Gally said.

"I don't care!" Thomas yelled, "let me through!"

He was almost hysteric from panic as Minho stepped forwards and placed a hand on his shoulder. There were tears glistening in his eyes as he shook his head.
"Thomas, you're being rash. You need to calm down. Okay?" Minho said in as calm a voice as he could.

Tears ran down Thomas' face as he breathed heavily but he concentrated on Minho as he spoke, "B-but he could be dying. Or dead! We have to help him!"

"And if he is dead, there's nothing we can do. It would just be a waste of life trying to retrieve his body in this storm and you know he wouldn't have wanted that." Minho countered as he squeezed Thomas' shoulder.

"O-okay, " Thomas stuttered out, "but what if he's still alive? The storm will kill him instead. I-I don't think I can live with knowing we could've saved him but didn't."

No one answered as Thomas looked around. All the faces were sullen and tears sparkled in everyone's eyes as they looked at the ground. Not even Minho answered him as he stepped away from Thomas, letting his hands drop by his side in defeat.

Seconds ticked by with no one making a move or a sound while the wind and hail continued to batter the house. Seconds ticked by as the chances of Newt surviving, if not dead already, were getting slimmer and slimmer

And Thomas couldn't take it any more!

He turned back towards the door suddenly and rushed to open it but Gally was still standing in the way. As Thomas tried to weave around him, Gally simply moved to block his exit. In desperation, Thomas roughly pushed Gally, almost knocking him over.

"Just get out of my fucking way, asshole!" He screamed.

Gally pushed him away easily and out of anger swung his fist. It connected with the side of Thomas' face and sent him crashing to the ground. Thomas jumped back up immediately as a small trial of blood dribbled out of his nose. He howled in irritation and ran at Gally but Minho grabbed him from behind as he kicked wildly.