11. Karma is a Bitch

NATALIE

Natalie was about to take a nap when she heard the alarm system of BCDC took off, sending a Code Yellow Alarm. She jumped out of bed and paced her spacious bedroom. It can't be Code Yellow Alarm! How could it be? She was careful and the leather tying that bitch were more than sturdy. Code Yellow would only mean one thing. Contamination of a human of the Frozen Z Virus . Yes, she knew that. She made that happen. She injected the Frozen Z Virus into her husband's mistress blood system. She deserved that. She seduced her husband to cheat on her, Natalie told herself. But now, why is there a Code Yellow? Did the Artificial Intelligence that made up the detection and sensor unit of BCDC somehow found out that a human was contaminated with the Frozen Z Virus? She needed to find the answer to her own question before everything that is happening was traced down to her doing.

Natalie changed into jeans and a pullover. She decided that she will have to check the chamber where she left Dr. Monroe after injecting her with that biological warfare virus. The virus was not yet tested on a human. There was an upcoming schedule for that. Hell, she did everyone a favor and took on that job upon herself. She's supposed to be the hero here, right?

But why is she scared shit?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natalie reached the Chairman and CEO's Building in no time. She half ran half sprinted into the deepest part of the right wing of the CC Building. As she drew nearer and nearer the chamber, the more her heart beat faster and faster. She was thinking of a worst case scenario but nothing in her thought could have prepared her for the scenario of the wide open metal door of her father's now-empty secret chamber. The floor had streaks of red, gooey substance emitting very fouls odor. She saw the leather straps which bound the bitch the chambers posts a couple of days ago. Now, they lay torn on the marble floor of the chamber. How did she manage to escape, Natalie thought. Her purpose in doing that to her was sweet revenge. Her husband wanted that bitch's body more than he wanted to sleep with her, his own wife! She was planning on showing her infidel husband what now became of his precious Dr. Monroe and mock him for insulting her by not wanting her. Not loving her. And wanting that old, nerdy and boring whore instead! Probably even loving her! Jealousy gnawed on Natalie's heart and tears fell down her cheeks. All she ever wanted was to be happy and loved.

Natalie was so caught up in her own thoughts that she did not hear the slow dragging footsteps slowly closing on her from behind. She felt a presence behind her all of a sudden. Heavy, ragged breathing felt too close to the nape of her neck. Realization dawned on her a little too late.

"Oh dear sweet Jesus! What have I done?"

The perfectly white sharp teeth of Dr. Rachel Monroe sank into her neck, tearing at her flesh, rupturing several aeortas, including the carotid. Blood splattered all over the already blood-stained marble flooring.

Natalie, with her last ounce of remaining will power turned around to face her attacker and immediately regretted that decisiion. She wished she did not.

The last thing Natalie saw before she died and before the shell of her body resurrected was Dr. Rachel Monroe's once beautiful face, covered in her blood, and chewing, eating the chunk of flesh the doctor bit off of her neck.

Then Natalie died.

And after just a few minutes, arose again from where she fell on the floor, still lifeless but with the basic functionality of what a human being that distinguish people from monsters - Feeling of Hunger and a burning desire to...........

FEED!

TO BE CONTINUED...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for supporting my latest story. This time, I decided to gear away from my usual stories of horror, ghosts, demons and lunatics. This new story is also NOT written in the vernacular but I still hope my Tagalog (Filipino) followers will find time and enjoyment in reading this.

The story is an intertwining of basic human nature, dreams, hopes, emotions and sins with the very often heartless and calloused feelings that every human being goes through - Jealousy, Revenge, Envy, Lust, Greed, Strong Ambition, and Lack of Contentment in life.

Hope you all enjoy!

🌸TatimTechVeloso🌸