•6•

Warily, you made your way down the stairs, metal hook in hand and eyes scanning everywhere. Of course, you still had your towel wrapped around you, which had somehow not fallen off when you fell down! As a result, you were half-worried about who might be locking you in the basement and half-worried about your towel falling off you and your intruder seeing your naked body.

After you had made sure the floor now beneath your feet was clear, you softly stepped into your room. Clothes were hanging everywhere, socks were hanging out of drawers and pants were on the floor, in front of your bed. You didn't want to know what had been done with them or who had done what with them, so you let them stay in their place on the floor.

---

"You spent the night up there?" Malcolm asked you, whilst circling around the attic stairs.

He touched the stairs after he said this, and the foldable stairs snapped up, loudly crashing on the way up. It made both of you jump. Your arms protectively reached up to your face and you squeezed your eyes shut in fright. When you opened them again, you saw Malcolm in the same position as you but his eyes were open, wide and staring deeply into your own.

You felt your something catch up in your throat and you couldn't breathe for a second. Exhaling, a wave of relief passed over you, and, slowly, you moved out of your defensive stance.

"Whoa," Malcolm breathed, in shock too. The stairs movement upwards was too fluid, too smooth. It caught the pair of you off guard.

You sighed heavily.

"I'll go over the rest of the house," Malcolm offered.

You nodded, unsure if he was going to do a good job of searching. After Malcolm had temporarily left you for a few minutes, you found yourself standing outside of the doorway of Brahms' room. The doll sat so casually on the bed disturbed you, with a list of rules attached to a clipboard beside it. Who knew there could be so many rules to take care of a doll?

Even with Malcolm here, you felt uneasy and shifted your gaze from in front of you to the doll.

---

"So, Y/N, I've checked the house," Malcolm reassured you.

By now, Malcolm was standing in front of you, hands by his sides rather awkwardly, as if he didn't know what to do next.

"There was someone in here," You told Malcolm. He looked at you as if you were crazy and belonged in an insane asylum.

"Well, I guess I'll stay," Malcolm said.

---

You hit the ceramic ball, which bounced off a few others, with your pool stick. You smirked, as Malcolm was now stuck in a pretty bad position.

After you had taken another shot, you decided to string up some conversation.

"Tell me about Brahms."

Malcolm moved around the table, aiming for his shot.

"All right, what?"

"What was he like?"

"'Odd," Malcolm says.

---

Nightmares were becoming more and more frequent, and you didn't like it, at all.

You were breathing even more heavily than last time, and you searched the room with your eyes for any intruders that might be standing over you, wearing your (outfit), with lipstick smeared all over their face.

Luckily, no one was there.

"Jesus," You breathed, barely understanding where you were. You closed your eyes and remembered where you were. This knowing calmed you.