18

The room was still, soundless. After opening your eyes, you couldn't see Brahms anywhere.

"Thank God." You sighed, exhaling. 

Steadily, you walked your way over to Malcolm, being careful to not step on shards of glass. You placed your finger on his neck to feel for his pulse, but as you dreaded, he'd passed. His body was cold and lifeless; his limbs contorted in ways they shouldn't have. Even though he was dead, you knew what Malcolm would've told you to do now. RUN.

You did just that and, with all the power in your legs, you made it up the grand staircase and into Brahms' room.

"Y/N!"

Brahms. He was looking for you.

Panicking, you looked around the room, but couldn't locate the key to lock the door. Instead, you took the chance to search for a passageway or an exit out Brahms' room that wasn't the door. Someone had the windows painted shut, so to leave that way was impossible.

Eventually, you found a short ladder, and just as Brahms slammed the bedroom door open, you started to climb it. You feared Brahms would reach up to you, so you climb way faster and reached another floor. Not wanting to look down the ladder, you ran off again, navigating your way through the dust-filled passageways of the house.

Luckily, you found a battered door in the wall. You swung it wide to reveal..

A hidden room. It contained a bed, a wall of tools, a desk.. You looked on in horror as you realized what was happening. Brahms had been living here, for God knows how long. Had he been watching you?

Sick to your stomach, you quickly scanned around the room for anything to reveal Brahms for who he truly was.

You rummaged through piles of crap, tossing pieces of scrap paper everywhere, searching for something that would explain everything. Much to your dismay, you couldn't find anything at all, and you kept hearing Brahms' footsteps gradually get closer and closer. He was taunting you.

"Y/N!" Brahms shouted, his voice echoing through the walls.

His child-like voice didn't match his physique, but it wouldn't stop ricocheting in your head. Risking a glance behind you, you saw the faint shadow of Brahms in front of the door, like he was about to open it.

There was no use in searching for anything now, except for a WAY OUT.

Another ladder caught your sight, so you dashed towards it and climbed down that bitch like you were Spider-Man. You heard the door bust open downstairs, but you were already on a different floor and sprinting through those passages.

Running for so long had taken all your energy, and you felt yourself slowing down.

"No, no!" You yelled, bringing yourself to tears. Why you? What sin had you committed in your way of life that was so awful that you had to deal with an ordeal like THIS? Shaking your head, you willed your legs to carry you further.  

They did, and they led you somewhere amazing. An escape route.

You fell to your knees and crawled through the space you had found, following it all the way to a small door.

The catch: it was locked.

With all your strength, you rammed your shoulder into that wooden door, hoping to budge the lock. Unfortunately, try as you might; it didn't even move a little.

"Y/N?"

Brahms was close, very close. You grew silent, willing your stomach to not rumble at this particular venture in your life. 

"Y/N?" He repeated.

You clasped your hand over your mouth and moved your feet closer to yourself.

Brahms stayed put, waiting for something to give your position away. A noise, a movement, a breath. Then, as if he felt where you were, he started to crouch down to the floor. You appeared like prey and Brahms was the hunter.

"Y/N?"

You yelped, giving off where you were.

"Y/N? Come back," Brahms pleaded with you, his face just becoming visible to you. You shook your head, wishing this to be an awful nightmare. Maybe if you closed your eyes tight enough, you would find yourself safe and sound, tucked in your bed back home. But you knew that that wouldn't happen.

"No! Leave me alone!" You screamed, burying your face in the crook of your arm. Trying to show Brahms that you would NOT go down without a fight, you kicked at the dirt floor underneath your feet.

You reluctantly lifted yourself out of your arms after there wasn't any noise for a while, but wished you hadn't.

Somehow, Brahms had managed to crawl through the tiny space you'd found without you noticing, and was now literally meeting you halfway. His green orbs met your (e/c) ones, and for a moment, you felt sorry for Brahms.

"I'll be good, I will." He worked to convince you, nodding and using his child voice. In one last pathetic attempt, you tried to open the door again, but it still didn't move, not even an inch.

You looked over to Brahms and began to cry before slowly, ever so slowly, you started towards him. As you went towards him, you took in everything about him. He seemed greasy and unkempt. He watched you with wide eyes behind his doll mask, wary of what you might do from this moment on. 

Would you lash out and attack him? Or would you comply with the rules?