19

Brahms couldn't believe it; you had finally given in to him. Finally, after so many months of watching you from behind the walls of the house, he was given the opportunity to show himself to you. Granted, you didn't react the way he wanted at first, but now he had you, and he wasn't going to let you go.

You had gotten close up to Brahms in these mindful moments, making the towering man jump and bash his head on the wooden beams above the two of you. You think their duty was to hold up the foundation of the house or the foundation of the basement, at least.

Brahms backed away from you a little, eyeing you suspiciously. What were your intentions?

He offered his hand slowly to you, after moving back to the beginning of the crawlspace. Hesitantly, you took it, feeling the roughness of his fingers on your soft palm. You could also feel a light layer of sweat covering his hand, making the grip of it slippy. Was he nervous to touch you?

All these questions made both of your heads buzz, but you couldn't figure out why. It was a strange but familiar moment for both of you.

Soon enough, you and Brahms had gotten out of the confined space and were standing in VERY close proximity to each other. The bottom of his mask almost touched the top of your hair and you could see the thick mound of chest hair he had, as you were level with his faded white vest.

From the stench he gave off, a bath was mandatory if you were truly going to stick with your plan.

Your plan being.. something you didn't know yet.

Brahms caught your attention as he began to breathe raggedly, almost like he was struggling to keep control of himself. You still stood close to him, and you felt your shoulders begin to shake, tears still slipping down your cheek at random moments.

Finally, you'd had enough.

"Brahms!" You shouted. The sudden call of his name made him spring back, away from you. You were going to have to pretend nothing was different, as if the doll was human Brahms; you'd have to treat human Brahms as you had doll Brahms. "Bedtime!"

Brahms looked at you sceptically and tilted his head at your command.

"Brahms," You reiterated. "Let's go."

Defiant, you briskly walked a few steps away from Brahms, before turning back to face him.

"You know the rules!" You told him.

Slowly, Brahms began to move his body towards yours and started to follow you. You continued rerouting the path you made through the walls when you were trying to run from Brahms and suppressed a chuckle. A few minutes ago, you were trying to escape from Brahms, but now, here you were, walking back through the walls with him following you.

It was funny to you. How odd life is like that.

Brahms tapped your shoulder lightly, making you squeak in surprise and spin around to face him.

Brahms pointed to the doorway out of the wall but you were confused.

"But.." You only faced a wall, instead of the doorway you were trying to get to. Brahms has helped you, instead of hurting you.

"Sorry," You mumbled as you passed by him, shaking your head slightly.

———

Brahms followed behind you as you got to his room.

"Under the covers," You told him, gesturing for him to get in the bed.

You smiled softly as he brushed his hand against yours, but he complied, slowly sliding under the sheets.

You pulled the covers up a little bit further.

"Kiss."

Brahms used that child voice of his, but you couldn't deny him. It was part of the rules.

Although he'd been a 'bad boy' tonight, you leaned into his mask and kissed the cold porcelain softly, drawing back quickly before he had a chance to do anything else.

"Goodnight, Brahms," You said, flipping off his bedroom light and shutting the door.

After you retreated back to your room, you collapsed, exhausted, on the bed.

Now, you'd have to come up with your plan. But, first, rest.