11

"Brahms is alive?"

"I know you must think I'm mad," You laughed, wiping the floor of chalk, looking crazy. "I would think the same thing."

Malcolm looked down at you, "I do think you've gone mental."

Scoffing at Malcolm's snarky remark, you carefully picked up Brahms off the soft bed and gently placed him on the polished wooden floor instead.

Then, you took a white piece of chalk and traced around Brahms' body.

"I have to use the chalk because sometimes he doesn't move that much and it's hard to tell."

You stopped talking as soon as you dodgily finished tracing around the back of Brahms with the chalk.

You pushed Malcolm out the room and closed the door behind you. Entering the room next to Brahms', you began to talk again.

Malcolm glanced nervously around the room, unsure of what to do with you. Brahms couldn't move.

Could he?

"Little things, like footsteps, my clothes kept disappearing," You listed, furthering your explanation.

Spinning to face the wall beside you, you solidly knocked on it in a sequence of 4.

"Then I remembered what you said, that he's shy. If you go out of the room and leave him alone.. he'll give you a sign," You said, grinning towards Malcolm.

Malcolm stopped you, laughing. "Is some kind of magic trick? You don't actually, genuinely think he's alive?"

Shaking your head, you assured him.

You swung open Brahms' room door, with Malcolm lingering not far behind.

Slowly, you rested your hand on the doorknob of the room Brahms was in. "Here we go."

You swung open the door, only to be met by bitter disappointment.

The doll hadn't moved like you promised Malcolm he would.

Malcolm put a firm hand on your shoulder.

Rushing down to Brahms, you sat in front of him.

"Hey.." You began, putting a hand to the doll's back. "Please, Brahms? I know this is hard, but do it for me?"

You could tell Malcolm was getting irritated, due to the shifting of floorboards behind you.

"I need you to do this or I have to go," You pleaded Brahms.

Leave?

"Y/N, come on," Malcolm muttered angrily.

"Brahms, please," You pleaded once more.

As per the routine, you and Malcolm went to the next room, and you knocked on the wall 3 times.

This time, however, both you and Malcolm heard floorboards creaking and footsteps approaching, then.. a child giggling.

You smiled wickedly at Malcolm, rushing to the room the doll was in. This time, you prayed to God he had moved.

You opened the door.

Brahms wasn't in his place.

He had moved.