-Chapter 18-

Butch

Rolling over in bed, I smile as I see Tempest's sleeping face laying on the pillow, her purple locks splayed out as she lays on her stomach.

Last nights Halloween/ Birthday party was a lot of fun, but it didn't come close to the surprise Tempest had planned for us afterwards. She had told me that she had a surprise for me later, but left my house when the party ended with a suspicious smirk on her face. But...when I went up to my bedroom to go to bed, I noticed something hidden under my pillow with my mates scent on it. It was a note...or rather, an invitation to a private after party at my mates house.

I certainly didn't miss the implied message.

I made a beeline to her house, and open her unlocked door to see a trail of candles to her bedroom glowing in the dark room...the house filled with her scent and a strong incense that excited me and my wolf.

Following the trail of candles, I stop in the center of her bedroom, it too filled with lit candles and burning incense, it making me feel warm as I yanked off my jacket...my body humming in excitement. The sound of floorboards creaking drew my attention back to the bedroom door, and I was far from disappointed at what I saw.

My mate, still in her costume, with the most potent bedroom eyes I've ever seen in my life. I watched her smile turn into a smirk as she opened the cloak to reveal not the outfit from earlier...but a red and black lacy lingerie set that clung to her body like a second skin. No doubt she had worn that ensemble underneath her outfit, hiding in plain sight.

She made it extremely clear that she wanted me as the second part of her birthday present...and I was more than happy to give her exactly what she wanted...all night long.

~She has us wrapped around her little finger...and she loves every bit of it.~ Jackson rumbles, and I muffle a laugh at how right he is.

Gently tracing over her cheek, I nearly have a heart attack when my cell phone rings loudly with my dad's ringtone. I scramble to answer it before it wakes my sleeping mate, sliding to sit on the edge of the bed as I press answer.

"Hey Dad, what's up?" I ask, worried for a minute that something was going down. Why else would he be calling so early in the morning?

"There's an Alpha who's going to have a video conference with us in an hour or so, I would like you to come and sit in. Consider it more preparation for when you take over. That is...if you can tear yourself away from your mate long enough."

I roll my eyes as he chuckles out the last part, sighing as I turn back to see Tempest still sound asleep.

"I'll be over shortly." I answer, quickly hanging up after he does. I half heartedly begin pulling on my clothes, making sure to stay quiet as I hunt for the last piece of clothing that wore last night: my leather jacket. After searching the room for five minutes and not seeing it anywhere, I sigh and let it go. Tempest has a stash of my clothes here already, I'm sure I'll find it when I come back later.

Before I leave though, I write out a note explaining where I went in case she wakes up before I return, leaving it on the empty pillow and then kissing her on the cheek before I exit the house and lock the door behind me.

Going out the driveway in my car, I slam on my brakes halfway to the road, the dark thing that darted out in front of me disappearing with a thump. I immediately put it in park and shut the engine off, getting out to see what exactly I hit...and just how much damage I caused to my baby. But when I reach the front I find nothing, no animal, no damage...not even any prints that show that an animal was even here.

What the Hell?

~Watch out kid-~ My wolf warns only to be cut off harshly.