PROLOGUE

Aiden Carter the CEO of the Carter corporation has just finished attending a meeting and was in his office when his mum called.

He is the first child and only son out of two children, his younger sister was still in college and also a model.
Growing up as a kid, he had whatever he wanted but had to take over his dad's company at the age of 20.

He owned a lot of properties and apparently a well known eligible bachelor and a player.

Sighing he picked up the as he was stressed out from the meeting that took 4 hours.

"hey, mum", he said after which he yawned

"Aiden, are you alright?", said his mum worriedly to which he smiled.

"yeah, just tired from the meeting"

"you are stressing yourself baby". Groaning at the nickname his mother gave him.

"am fine, and please stop calling me baby am a grown man mum".

"thanks captain obvious", his mum said chuckling

"how are you doing mum"

"I was fine but am not right now when my baby is stressing himself"

"am fine mum, really"

"you need a break, Aiden"

"mom.. "

"no, Aiden am not listening to you this time. The last time you said that you were ill for a week. So no, I'll talk to your father about it", his mum said cutting him off.

"but mum, work.... "

"be home by 4pm, bye baby", and then she hung up.

Sighing loudly, he put his head in both hands. There was no way he was going to sweet talk his mum this time and his dad? He goes with whatever she says. You could say his dad was totally whipped.

He checked his wrist watch and saw that it was 3:30 pm, which meant he had 30 minutes left to reach home. He immediately stood up and left his office after stopping by his secretary's table and telling her to clear the rest of his schedule for the day he left for the elevator.

By the time he got home, it was 3:45 pm, he released a breath of relief thanking his stars that he was 15 minutes early. Knowing his mum, he knew he had to be home earlier before the deadline she gave if not, it meant trouble.

He nodded at his driver, Lucas Roulette a 45 year old man and went inside the house that had been his home for 21 years.

He met his parents at the living room who were discussing in hushed tones while wearing serious and worried looks.

"hey mum, dad", he greeted them while taking a seat on one of the sofas.

"baby", his mum said while his dad nodded.

"your dad and I have decided to let you take a month vacation and nope, no negotiations , right honey?", she said while giving his dad a look that said go -against -me -and- you -are -dead . Oh boy! Aiden thought.

"yes son, a month vacation free from any work from the office", he dad said. Aiden knew that there was 0.1% possibility that he would win but he decided to still try his luck but after hearing what his dad said, he knew he had no other choice.

"okay, so when will I be leaving?", he said sighing and giving into his mum. His mum's brightened up like fireworks in the sky.

"well, you are leaving today and don't worry I have booked your plane tickets and no you are not taking the jet and neither are you traveling in first-class.

"seriously, mum", he said raising his voice a little higher, he was mad but his mum didn't care.

"oh shush, baby. I want you to relax yourself and not be the workaholic billionaire", she said sarcastically.

"you my baby are going as a normal average person besides it's another country and I don't want all those bitches flocking around you like herds of cattle"

She was totally his mum, he thought

He opened his mouth to say something but his mum pushed him out of the living room and ordered him to get prepared as his plane was leaving by 6 pm.

=============================

Aiden let out a sigh of relief as he left the plane which has just landed. It was his first time traveling in the economy class and that made him mad.

His journey was ruined all thanks to his mum, he swore under his breath that he would never again in his life let his mum manipulate him that way.

He got to his apartment, luckily for him they found a very nice place that suits his taste. He didn't waste time in entering the shower.

When he went to get his clothes from his suitcase he was surprised to find just jeans, some T-shirts and few sneakers there and few under wears. He knew his mum had something to do with that.

Groaning, he picked up a pair of boxers as he wasn't one to sleep with clothings.

He didn't bother packing and then climbed on top of the bed making a mental note to do that in the morning, he drifted off to dreamless sleep.