Chapter nine

It was dark already when Nichole woke up. Her stomach grumbled, groaning she left her room for the kitchen. She found her Liz in the kitchen making dinner while Beth was watching TV. Amongst the three of them, Liz was the better cook,  Beth couldn't cook 4 anything and she could cook too but not as much Liz did.

"hey, Liz", she said her voice croaking as she took a bottles water from the fridge.

"hey,  Nicki. Slept well? "

"yeah, thanks"

Then the memories of earlier came tumbling down her brain. Aiden. He had come here, she could remember sleeping and strong arms carrying her to her room.

"he left earlier"

"oh..", she tried not to sound disappointed. Keyword tried.

Just then Beth entered the kitchen and sat on the kitchen counter.

"Damn, Nicki if you don't marry that fine specimen am gonna", Beth said.

Nichole rolled her eyes at her and went to help Liz to make dinner.

"what are you cooking?"

"pasta"

"yum", Beth and Liz said

"can I help? "

"yeah,  just help me cut the vegetables"

"ok"

"you know I wished I could cook like you too but meh I don't think so. Not when I have the two of you". Beth said while Nichole laughed and Liz shook her head.

"if you get married and gave birth to children, how would you feed them? ", Nichole asked her.

"I would just kidnap one of you or maybe the both of you. Simple"

Liz and Nichole laughed loudly. They spent the rest of their time cooking in silence.

####

After dinner, the three friends sat on the couch all cuddled up with each other watching TV.

"Nicki? "

"yeah"

"we have to talk about today". That word "talk" had been what she had dreading. She just nodded while Beth paused the television.

Her friends faced her giving her a look that said "better start talking girl" to which she sighed loudly.

"I didn't invite him, he came here on his own. Mrs Jones must have given the address I swear"

"I thought you hated his guts", Beth said

"yeah,  but he came with lots of snacks and chocolates. I couldn't resist the temptation "

Her friends nodded their head in approval, what girl could resist chocolate.

"but how come you guys fell asleep on the couch with his arms around you? "

"we must have fallen asleep while watching movie"

"so how does it feel to be cuddled by that handsome specimen?" Beth asked using the remote as a microphone as she pretended to be interviewing her.

"dunno", she said shrugging her shoulders.

Her friends groaned and looked at her more like glared at her,  when they saw that she wasn't going to share more with them they went back to the movie they were watching.

But Nichole wasn't into the movie, she kept thinking of she felt safe and warm in his arms. It was obvious he liked to cuddle. As her thoughts were getting dirty,  she shook them off and tried to focus on the movie.

There  was no way she was going to bed early.