Chapter three

Monday

       Aiden woke up to the sun rays shinning brightly on his face. He hasn't had much sleep since he spent most of his bedtime thinking about the hazel- eyed girl. He groaned and sat up on the bed resting his head on the headboard, he grabbed his phone and checked the time it was 7:20 am.

    He was about to go back to sleep when remembered that he had an appointment at the coffee shop,  then he remembered that Nichole was going to be there and immediately regretted his decision

After taking a shower and dressing up, Aiden called his mum.

"hey mum"

"baby, how are you doing?"

"am good and you? "

"I've never been better, hope you are enjoying your vacation?"

"not really"

"don't worry you will like it there soon", his mum said to which he hummed.

"how is dad and  Tori"

"they are fine, you should try calling them, I'll send their number later to you"

"OK,  how... "

"everything at the office is fine", his mum cuts him off to which he sighed.

He really wasn't enjoying his vacation, he couldn't imagine staying a month without working he was already going insane. He thought about how he tried to sneak his work phone when he was traveling and how his mum scolded him.

She had seized all the phones he had on him and bought him another phone which was a very old model not his latest iPhone, to worsen the case she had saved just her number and his friends'.

"don't worry son,  you will love it there"

"I don't know mum....

His mum didn't let him complete his sentence and hung up but not before sending him kisses and telling him how much he loved.

He hated the fact that his mum had power on him, his sister and even his dad.

He reluctantly left his apartment, went to the nearest restaurant and ate breakfast.

By the time he got to the coffee shop, it was 9 am, while entering the coffee shop he prayed silently not to see her face. 

He knew that seeing her when he was already in a bad mood won't be good as she seems to have pleasure in riling him up even though they just met.

⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺

The bell of the coffee shop rung indicating the arrival of a new customer.

Mrs Anderson's face lit up when she saw who had entered. Her face broke into a huge smile. Leaving the table she was wiping, she went and welcomed him while giving him a table to seat on.

Aiden was stunned at the woman's excitement to see him, it was only  his family that has always been that excited to see him most especially his mum.

He swore he could see hearts in her eyes, he smirked at himself feeling proud that he also had that effect on old women.

"good morning Mrs Anderson", he said to her politely as he took his seat. One of the things his mum taught him was to be polite to old people but when it came to business or his mood swings he would kill even.

"morning sweetie and call me Stacie"

"oh,  Stacie thanks for inviting me for a cup of coffee"

"it was nothing dear,  but if you don't mind you could lend me a hand"

Aiden couldn't help but realise her absence.   She should have been helping Stacie out he thought. Such a spoilt brat.

Stacie noticed his frown as his eyes wandered around the shop.

"she's not around dear,  she has lectures this morning and will be back in the afternoon?"

He nodded his head as they left for the reception table.

Aiden helped Stacie through out the morning, he was enjoying himself although he wasn't used to serving people.

Soon it was afternoon, he hadn't realized that until Nichole made her way into the shop. His lovely mood instantly changed to a grumpy one.

"Mrs Anderson am back"

He noticed that she didn't come alone, she had come with two girls who were looking at him and giggling.

There was no telling him that she had talked about him to the girls.

He winked at them. Nichole saw this and rolled his eyes dragging the two to a table not so close to where he was.