Recruit

On the counter were two bins. One looked like it had eggs in it. The other looked like it had bacon. Fareeha stared at the trays sadly.

"Reinhardt must have eaten the rest. Sorry darling." Ana said.

"Don't worry I can make us something." Gabriel said. "I make some pretty good blueberry pancakes."

"Really? That sounds delicious Gabriel!" Fareeha exclaimed.

"Oh Reyes, you don't have to do that."

"You're right. I just want to." Gabriel said smiling.

Ana smiled in thanks.

"Wanna help kiddo?"

"Yeah!"

"Ok, grab a bowl."

Gabriel and Fareeha had made the batter for the pancakes. They made a mess in the kitchen and were covered head to toe in flour. Gabriel began flipping the pancakes, but stopped suddenly grunting in pain. He rubbed his back.

"Gabriel? Are you ok?"

He turned to see Fareeha with the box of blueberries in her hand. He grinned.

"Never better."

All of a sudden Jack walked into the kitchen. His eyes went wide as he looked at the mess. He droped his coffee mug and it shattered on the floor.

"What the hell happened in here?!"

"Jack, there are children present!" Gabriel said quickly covering Fareeha's ears.

"Damn it Gabe!"

"Jack we were just having fun. It's not like we weren't gonna clean up."

"Don't let it get out of control like this again."

Gabriel took his hands away and continued cooking. He frowned and looked down. Jack sighed and walked up to him, he glanced at Fareeha as he went passed.

"I'm sorry Gabe. Today I just got word that someone has stolen tech from one of our warehouses. I shouldn't take it out on you."

Jack kissed the back of Gabriel's neck and wrapped his arms around him as he cooked. Fareeha smiled at them.

"I'll see you later. I've got some paperwork to get done." Jack said.

He patted Gabe's back. Gabriel winced and ached in pain. He gritted his teeth and nearly fell to the floor. Jack had forgotten about the implant.

"Gabe! Sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"It's fine Morrison."

He got back to his feet. Fareeha stepped back in shock. She walked up to Gabriel curiously and began feeling the ridges in his back. Gabriel lifted his shirt back for her to see. She deserved to know too. Fareeha covered her mouth in shock. Tears streamed from her eyes.

"Gabriel, who would do this to you?!" She said weaping.

"Fareeha, please, don't cry."

She fell into his chest sobbing, wrapping her arms around him. She clung to him like a sloth and cried. Tears fell onto Gabriel's shirt. He sighed, and regreted showing her.

"Gabriel. A-are you going to die?!"

"No, no. I'll be fine. I promise. Listen Fareeha. I'll always be here for you, ok? We are a team."

She nodded and gabe him one last hug.

"I see you and the girl are getting along pretty well."

"She's a good kid."