Healing and Headaches

Angela came down to breakfast that morning. Genji wasn't ready to. She had the dumbest grin on her face when she sat down. No one else noticed, but Gabriel did.

"What's that face for?" He asked.

She took a deep breath and whispered for only Gabriel to hear.

"He's awake."

Gabriel's eyes went wide.

"I want to meet him after breakfast."

"Ok, just act calm when you see him. His senses have heightened, so he's a little on edge."

Gabriel nodded and they ate breakfast. Angela lead Gabriel back to the hospital room after breakfast. Ganriel was surprised when he saw Genji sitting up in the bed. He was reading a book, but looked up to see Gabriel.

"Angela, who's this?"

"This is Commander Gabriel Reyes. He is leading an underground strike team called Blackwatch. To keep it a secret they live here at the Overwatch headquarters."

"It's good to see you up and functioning Genji." Gabriel said smiling.

"If you call this functioning. Well, at least I'm alive, thanks to Angela."

"Your welcome Genji."

"I'm sorry about what happened with your brother."

Genji looked down.

"Hanzo."

Angela quickly tried to change the subject.

"It's time for a check up Genji." She said.

"Y-yes, of course."

"I'll leave you be to heal." Gabe said.

"Thankyou."

Gabriel went to the lab for his own check up.

"How are we today Gabe?"

"Well, you weren't wrong about the inconsistency of this experiment."

"How do you mean?"

"I've been having headaches Moira."

She looked at him sternly.

"That's just anoher side effect. Your implant is searching through your brain trying to connect with it. Your brain going a million miles an hour will experience pain at that rate. Take medicine if it gets worse."

"Did Jack tell you about my nightmare?"

"Yes, he asked about it."

"And?"

"I told the truth. It is another side effect. Your implant is embeding itself into your thoughts. I guess at the time of your sleep sceduel it decided to pick out moments from S.E.P. and turn it into something...worse. Simply a side effect."

Moira motioned him to take his shirt off. He did and she placed sticky recievers on his chest and back.

"When can I get off the chemo?"

"In order to kill the chemicals in your body, you will have to take it until I start experimenting."

Gabriel sighed in disappointment.

"When will we start?"

"When the implant completely embeds itself to you, without any side effects."

"I understand."

Moira finished the check up and injection. Gabriel put his hoodie back on and left the lab. He stopped by Angela's office, but she wasn't there. He checked Genji's hospital room. She was sitting there reading a book to him. She turned around to see Gabriel.