The Final Goodbye

$This chapter is short, but it broke my heart to write it. I'm finally ending it. I wish I could continue this story. These characters aren't even mine, but I care about them dearly. I hope you enjoyed this book. I had fun writing it.~Maddy$

"Wait Sombra. Why are you doing this?"

Jack heard her let out a sigh.

"Winston initiated the Overwatch recall. Gabe is concerned that the cops are going to look for its old members, including you."

"The world thinks I'm dead."

"Not anymore. Your face has been all over the news. Someone has told them that you are still alive. Gabe seems to care about you quite a bit, and I care for him. So I'm doing whatever it takes to keep you two safe."

"Sombra I..."

"Callate, we'll be there soon."

Jack hung up and waited in the booth. Later Reaper and Sombra stepped into the cafe. Jack's spine chilled at the site of Gabriel again, but was covered by a sense of comfort.

"Thank you Reyes."

"I hope this is all worth getting shot by that old bitch." Gabe said.

Jack chuckled.

"We're not far from Gabe. Old soldiers never die and they don't fade away."

"Let's go grampas. We got work to do."

"What's this plan that you have Sombra?" Jack said taking a seat.

Sombra and Gabriel sat as well. Sombra pulled up an image. It looked like blueprints for an old project.

"What is this?" Gabe asked.

"Seems like some sort of underground factory or vault."

"Correcto! This is a special bomb shelter that started construction after the omnic crisis, but one day the construction workers vanished. It's abandoned, but nearly finished. I'm the only one who knows about it. It's equipped with water lines and was designed to hold millions of people for millions of lifetimes. It has that much food." Sombra explained.

"So, what does this have to do with us?"

"I've given up hacking the world. I've come to realize that it's a lot more powerful than myself. You guys are being squished by groups and governments. This shelter could be our hideout.

"I-I thought you guys were loyal to Talon?"

"Hell no Morrison."

"I joined Talon for resources Soldier."

"Talon gave me the tools that I needed to hunt down Overwatch agents, but when we found out you were alive, that all changed. I'm not Talon's pawn, Jack. I-I want you."

"Is your little friend going to agree to this?"

"Ana? No. Something tells me that she's the one who ratted me out. I have no more friends Sombra."

"You have us, Jack."

"I'm ready."

Sombra nodded and opened a secret vault door. Several lights flickered on illuminating a deep stair case that seemed to go on forever. They grabbed what small bags they had and began their walk down the stairs. Sombra shut and locked the vault door behind them. The three of them lived at the bottom of the shelter for a year before Sombra died of an electrical discharge in her equipment. Jack and Gabriel remained in the vault together, living in peace, but on the day of Jack's death Gabriel left the vault. The vault was located in Russia at the time and had suffered from a bombing attack. Volkskia Industries had been caught getting their tech from the enemy and had been bombed. Gabriel suffered immensly from radiation exposure, but was later found by Angela who took him back to Overwatch. Ana left Dorado and returned to Egypt as an assassin under the alias Shrike. She died 6 years later of a heart attack. Genji found his brother Hanzo and convinced him to join the recall Overwatch. McCree was found stopping Talon from hijacking a train in route 66 by blowing it up. He was called to rejoin as well, but declined. Gabriel later died on a secret mission. Pharah was still the leading officer in the Egyptian army, like her mother. She was supposed to lead the bombing on Russia, but refused. She was busy organizing Gabriel's funeral. Pharah was the only one there to salute a fallen hero. Later she joined Overwatch to honor Gabriel's death and became a symbol of hope and heroism to the world. She was seen giving a speech in Kings Row. Pharah's last words were...

"In loving memory of Jack Morrison and Gabriel Reyes. Not just great soldiers, but my true family. I miss you guys so much, every day. May you all Rest In Peace."