Chapter 1 - Punished

Chapter 1 - Mariana

Mariana sat outside Satan's office. She didn't know what she had done to annoy her dad. She was the only daughter of The Devil, but she also had two older brothers. They were perfect. She scowled. Whenever they were bad they got all the glory, but whenever she was bad, she barely got noticed. It wasn't fair.

"Your dad will see you now, honey," her mum said. Mariana's mum had been an Angel but had got bored so she married Satan. Mariana walked slowly in, her dress bouncing as she walked. She sat down opposite Satan.

"Do you know why you're here?" He asked. Mariana hated it when adults did this. Why couldn't they just get straight to the point?

"Nooo," Mariana sighed, obviously bored. This just seemed to anger Satan.

"You've been talking to Angels," he said in a dangerous voice.

"And?" Mariana replied, acting as if she'd done nothing.

"You know it's strictly forbidden!"

"Well, what was your excuse?!" Mariana yelled back. The Devil hesitated, but ignored her reply.

"As your punishment, you will become a human for a year," he said casually.

"What?! You can't do that!" Mariana screamed, tears in her eyes, "I'm your daughter!"

"You broke the rules, you get punished," Satan replied, "You leave in the morning. Have a nice sleep." He finished, smiling nastily. Mariana just glared at him.