Chapter 11 - Surprise!

Chapter 11 - Alexander 

Alexander smiled happily at Mariana. He had finally found her, yet she didn't look too happy. He looked behind him in case there was something there. Nothing. He took a step towards her, concern in his eyes.

"Mariana, what's wrong? Aren't you happy? We can finally be together!" A figure appeared next to Mariana. Tom. Alexander only just managed to keep the scowl off his face.

"Hey, who's this nut job?" Tom asked, dislike creeping in to his voice. This time, Alexander did scowl. More like who the hell are you?! He thought angrily to himself. Mariana shook her head, her blonde hair flowing in the wind.

"He...he's nobody," and with that, Mariana walked off, Tom following close behind. Alexander couldn't believe it. Tears came to his eyes, but he rapidly blinked them back. Anger now clouded his face. He would get his own back, they would see....

Meanwhile, Mariana was silent on the way to the school. Questions were racing through her mind. How did he find me? How did he become a human? How did he think we were together? To her, the questions didn't add up. She had told him when they met that it was just to piss her dad off, nothing serious. He obviously thought it was, she thought grimly to herself. Tom abruptly stopped, Mariana walking into him. The school looked okay. There was a light on inside, even though it was a Saturday. Mariana walked in, leaving Tom stood outside.

A little while later Mariana walked outside, smiling. Tom looked up and smiled back.

"You got in?" He asked. Mariana nodded happily. Tom looked surprised and pleased. Alexander was  in his dog form. He heard all of this and smiled inwardly to himself. An idea was slowly forming...