Chapter 10 - No Escape

Chapter 10

Mariana had been stuck in Tom's house for nearly three hours now, and she was getting stressed out. She knew sooner or later Tom would suspect something was going on, so she decided to be careful between when she was Mariana and when she was Midnight. Tom didn't seem to notice Mariana's discomfort because he was chatting too much. She had attempted to climb out the bathroom window but it was too small. Mariana looked at him and sighed inwardly.

"How about we go somewhere?" She asked, crossing her fingers behind her back in the hope that he would say yes. He paused, tilting his head while he was thinking about it. As Mariana watched him, she realised she loved the way Tom's hair flopped into his eyes. She then felt shocked at herself. She wasn't supposed to fall in love. She had never seen the point of it. He then smiled and nodded.

"Where?" He asked. The simplest of questions, yet Mariana still got butterflies in her tummy. She uncontrollably blushed and shrugged.

"I don't know, I'm new around here," she replied. Tom's eyes lit up.

"So will you be starting 6th form in the school down the road?" He asked excitedly.

"Uh, sure?" she said, making a mental note to use her Powers to get into that school. Tom got up, holding the door open for her. Mariana avoided Tom's eyes as she walked out, scared that she would blush again. As she looked up, she saw a boy, around the same age, his back turned to her. She froze. The boy turned around to face her and smiled.

"Oh my God," Mariana said, eyes wide.

"Hi, Mariana," Alexander said.