Sky

Toph's Pov:

I sit on the cold ground of the Western Air Temple "looking" at the sky. I've always wondered what things look like. Especially the things people say are beautiful. The stuff that supposedly take your breath away. Most if the time I just dismiss the thought. It's pretty hard to explain how something looks to a blind girl. Sometimes when it starts to bug me, I'll indirectly ask Aang or Katara and get enough of an image to satisfy my mind.

The one thing that really itches at me though, is the sky. I've wondered what it looks like since I was young. It always sounded so, amazing. But I'm afraid to ask what it looks like. I feel like it would be embarrassing to have to ask what the sky looks like.

My train of thought is interrupted when I feel the heavy foot steps of Sokka come towards me.

"Hey Toph! Whatcha thinking about?" He calls out as he sits down next to me, swinging his legs over the ledge so they are next to mine.

"Nothing." I answer a bit to quickly.

"Whats wrong?" He asks in a concerned voice only he has. He wraps his arm around my shoulder scooting me closer to him. I blush and turn my head away before scooting away an standing.

"I'm fine Snoozles!" I retort as I begin to walk away. I stop when I feel a large hand wrap around my petite wrist. I turn to Sokka.

"Sokka, I told yo-" I begin but am interrupted.

"Toph, what's wrong? I'm serious." He answers calmly in his rarely-used serious voice.

"It's stupid," I say hoping he'll drop it but knowing he won't.

"Toph, please? I don't care if it's stupid." He persists as he pats the ground next to him. I sigh, knowing I've been beaten. When I sit he returns his arm back around my shoulders. I smile and turn my head hoping he doesn't see my blushing face. I jump when I feel his rough hand go under my chin and lift my head so it is facing his.

"What's on your mind?" He asks.

"I was just thinking about, the sky." I answer. It's part of the truth.

"What about the sky?" He asks, his hand still lightly lifting my chin.

"I want to know what it looks like," I say quietly. I can feel him smile. His hand shifts from my chin to my cheek.

"Well, it's every where that isn't ground. During the day, clouds float threw it. They look like big white clumps of fuzz, you know what fuzz feels like so... And during the night, stars cover the sky. It's beautiful. Like millions of bits of light speckled. " He explains he turns his head back to mine from its previous position of staring upwards. All I can do is smile.

"Thank you Sokka." I say sincerely.

"Why where you so scared to ask?" Sokka asks softly.

"I don't know..." I trail off, looking down. He hugs me from the side and puts his chin on top of my head.

"I won't tell anyone" he whispers. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest and I really hope Sokka doesn't.

The amazing moment is interrupted by the soft footsteps of Suki coming towards us. From around a corner she calls "Sokka!" Her voice shows that she's been looking for him. Sokka takes his firm arms from around me. "Sorry, I have to go." He whispers as he walks away to Suki.

"Hey Sokka! Where've you been?" She asks him. The faint sound of a kiss comes from their direction. I slump and frown.

"Just talking to Toph." He answers her.

"Well Katara wanted me to tell you that dinner is ready so come out and eat." Suki tells Sokka sweetly. As much as Suki is a nice girl, I'm kinda jealous of her.

"Let me grab Toph, you can head back without me." He informs her as I here is footsteps begin to come to me.

"Ok." I can feel her nod.

Once Sokka reaches me, he touches my shoulder and looks down at my slumped body. As much as I try to resist a single tear rolls down my cheek. In a swift motion, I wipe it away from my eye while I get it up, hoping He wouldn't notice.

In as normal of a voice I can muster, I say "Let's go get some food!" I punch him on the arm and yelps, grabbing his arm and rubbing it. I begin walking away chuckling when I notice he isn't following. "You coming Snoozles?" I shout.

"Ow, ya ya." He laughs as he follows behind me, walking fast to catch up. Once he's beside me, I decide to do something daring. I earthbend a ledge that I can stand and step up. Grabbing his collar, I pull him to me and kiss him on the cheek. I can feel him blush and his heart racing as I step down and walk ahead like nothing happened.