Chapter 29

Don't forget to like & leave a comment! I love to hear from you guys!

Chapter is unedited, sorry!

|| ** || ** ||

Monday rolls around and my nasty bruise is at the height of ugliness. Harry left on Saturday to go back to college before his classes start again, with a promise of kicking Zach's ass if he ever sees him.

I walk into the school hallway and people look over every few seconds, staring at the bruise. I roll my eyes and walk to my locker. I grab some books for my lessons and stuff them into my backpack roughly.

"Okay, so, so far I heard that you're secretly an underground fighter and that's why you have a monster bruise," Olivia comments as she leans against the locker beside mine, telling me the wildest rumors she's heard so far. And I've only been in school for five minutes.

"Well, that's not so bad," I shrug, not minding that rumor, makes me sound badass, I'll take it. "Where are Court and Quinn?" I ask, having not heard from them in the last 24 hours.

"No idea, Court said something about last-minute homework when I saw her rushing to the library," she glances around the hallway, looking for someone. Weird, Courtney willingly doing homework? "Hey, are we going to Freddie's Halloween party this year? He just asked me in the parking lot but I wasn't sure so I told him maybe."

"Yeah, we can go, are you trick or treating this year?" I ask with a smile. Olivia could be in an old age home and she would still go trick-or-treating.

"I'm too old to trick or treat, Char... That's why I'm going with Maddie," she smirks.

"Nuh-uh, I'm taking Maddie trick or treating this time round Grace, that candy is mine," Sebastian strolls up resting his arm around my shoulder with a smirk.

"That is not fair! She told me I could take her this year," Olivia argues, frustrated.

"Are you two serious right now?" I ask, closing my locker, and lean against it, staring at the two arguing over candy.

"Halloween candy is not a joke Lottie," Sebastian points at me threateningly and I laugh in return.

I hear a high pitch giggle down the hallway making me glance over, regretting it instantly. Nathan has Summer over his shoulder as he walks down the hallway with a grin on his face. She cackles loudly as he jumps around.

"You're scowling, stop," Olivia nudges my arm gently. I shake my head lightly, putting a little smile on my face.

Nathan stops across the hallway from us, not noticing us standing there, and puts Summer down, laughing at something she said.

"I hate her," I scoff whispering to Olivia so Sebastian doesn't hear me.

I stand up straight intending to walk towards homeroom when I see Zach come around the corner. And all I can say is, he looks like shit. His jaw has a dark purple bruise on it; a cut on his lip and his nose are a little swollen with one of those small white bandages on it. I gasp not quite believing that I did all that to him. Olivia chokes a laugh and looks away quickly when his gaze lands on us. He changes direction and heads over to us with a scowl on his face.

Sebastian sees him and immediately adopts a stony expression, moving to stand in front of us. I see movement from the corner of my eye and Nathan stands next to Sebastian, directly in front of me. Guess he did notice us.

I push them both to the side and stand in front of them, no one is fighting my battles for me.

"I was suspended from the baseball team, are you happy?" Zach sneers stopping a foot away from me. I widen my eyes a little shocked by the information, knowing it had nothing to do with me since my parents agreed to back off. "Yeah, apparently, my school behavior wasn't adequate for representing the school at events," he scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"That sucks, Zach, why do you need to tell me this?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Just thought I would let you know, since your best friend is so used to spilling all my secrets because I didn't want her," Zach looks over at Olivia who is still standing behind Sebastian. She scowls and pushes her way through with a nasty look on her face.

"For the love of God, I didn't spill anything! I wasn't the one who sent those screenshots to everyone, we've been over this already," Olivia argues back, annoyed that he keeps blaming her for the screenshots. I had spoken to her over the phone about it during the weekend since we all know that she is very capable of causing this situation, but she had promised that she had, had nothing to do with those screenshots.

"Sure, Olivia, forgive me if I don't believe you," he says mockingly, turning around, and walking away from us down the hallway.

"Asshole," Olivia grumbles, grabbing her backpack. Sebastian stands next to her and they spark up a conversation, walking towards homeroom.

"How's your face feeling?" Nathan asks quietly inspecting my left cheek. Summer has disappeared, not that I was looking out for her.

"It's fine, thanks," I mumble turning around walking to class.

"Hey, can I walk you to class?" Nathan asks shyly. I turn around and see him scratching the back of his neck, something he does when he's nervous.

"Sure," I shrug, acting indifferent. We walk next to each other down the busy hallway, filled with students rushing to their classrooms before the late bell rings.

"So, are you going to Freddie's Halloween party this year?" Nathan asks casually.

"Yup, the girls and I are all going," I smile thinking of my costume.

"Cool, cool, what are you going as?" He looks straight ahead and I can already tell he's nervous about something.

"Well it wouldn't be fun if you knew, now would it?" I tease with a grin.

"Would you want to come with me, to the party?" He blurts out of nowhere. I stop outside my classroom and look up at him, and he's already looking at me. I feel my face start to warm up and I clear my throat to distract him from my tomato face.

"Um, yeah, that would be great," I stumble on my words with a giggle.

"Really? I-I mean, that's great, awesome. I know it's only a week and a half away, but I figured I would ask you now. Maybe we could hang out this weekend though? Like we could chill or do something?" He asks smiling down at me.

"Yeah, I'm free, sounds good," I grin, bidding him goodbye as I walk into class, just as the late bell rings. He waves goodbye but before he can run off I turn around and call out his name, causing him to look back at me, "What about Summer?" My curious self can't help but ask out loud.

"Summer? She's just a family friend, we grew up together, we're more brother and sister than anything, why, are you jealous?" he asks with a teasing smirk, reassuring me that there is nothing to worry about.

"Nope, not me. Okay, cool, I was just curious," I say nonchalantly looking around all around me just not at his still smirking face.

"I'll text you," he promises before sprinting down the hallway to his homeroom.

|| ** || ** ||

Hey everyone!

Bit of a boring chapter this one but it needed to happen so that things can get going ;)

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Have a great day!

Sammipott xx