Summer Moment: The Zoo

So this was a little random bonus chapter I wrote YEARS ago and had it up for a while then removed it but it's cute, it's random, it adds nothing to the story so don't feel obligated to read it! It's just a little something extra.

|| ✨ ||

I feel a hand poke my cheek. I groan and roll over in my bed, covering my face with a pillow. Giggles fill the room. Noooo. Something pokes my side and the room is filled with giggles again. I jerk to the side and groan louder.

"Stooop," I moan.

"But Lottie, it's time to get up!" Maddie's voice squeals by my ear and I wince further into the pillow.

"Shh," I mumble, moving my hand to cover her mouth but my hand hits her arm instead.

"Ow," a deep voice replies, amused. My body stills and I lift the pillow off my face a little, opening one eye, "Hey babe," Nathan grins, lying on the bed next to me, holding his head up with his arm.

I groan and cover my face with my pillow, "Go away."

"But Charlotte, we're going to the zoo today!" Mia yells, jumping on my bed. Ugh children.

"We're going to the zoo, we're going to the zoo!" Mia and Maddie shout as they jump on my bed.

"It's so early," I whine as Nathan takes the pillow off my head.

"It's ten, Char," Nathan laughs, brushing his fingers through my hair, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

I open one eye and look up at him, "Exactly, too early." He moves his hand away, placing it on my bed, so I grab his hand and put it back on my hair, telling him to keep playing with it.

Someone slams open my door, "Charlotte, get your behind out of bed before I shove it out of bed!" Olivia yells stomping into my room. "You were supposed to get her up ten minutes ago," she accuses Nathan.

"You know she's difficult to wake up, it's like waking the dead," he defends himself.

"She's right here," I roll over, looking at them. Olivia is standing at the end of my bed where Mia and Maddie are sitting. Nathan is still lying next to me.

"You're just as bad as Sebastian," Olivia states, rolling her eyes.

"Heard that," Sebastian mumbles as he walks past my bedroom in his pajama pants, rubbing his eyes.

"You were supposed to," Olivia replies. She looks over at me, "Five." Nathan furrows his eyebrows in confusion and I widen mine in fear.

"You wouldn't," I tell her, glaring.

"Four," she smirks as I start scrambling out of bed. "Three."

I set my feet on the floor and stand up, looking at her, "I'm up, I'm up!"

She folds her arms over her chest, "Good, I've already used that once this morning," she grins, mischievously.

I raise an eyebrow in question, "On who?"

Tessa stomps past my room, soaking wet and her hair is dripping.

"Tess?" I ask shocked. She stops when she hears her name and peaks her head into my room, her eyes stopping on Olivia.

"You will pay for this," she threatens, shuffling along the hallway without another word.

"Bring it on, Tessy," Olivia taunts.

I look over at Nathan who raises his arms in surrender, "I told her not to do it, I reminded her that Tessa's revenge is brutal."

Mia and Maddie are now sitting on my floor, playing rock, paper, scissors, "Is Courtney and Quinn coming?"