Chapter 31

Don't forget to leave a like & comment! I love to hear from you all!

|| ** || ** ||

We finish playing mini-golf; spoiler alert, I won. Now we are heading to the diner for dinner; the windows are rolled down and my hair is blowing in the wind. As soon as we had gotten on the main road, Nathan had grabbed my hand and he still hasn't let go yet. Thank God, my hand isn't sweaty!

"Okay, so pizza or cheeseburger?" Nathan asks glancing over at me for a second before turning his eyes back to the road. We had been playing this game of either or for the last few minutes that we had been driving.

"Easy, cheeseburger," I answer almost immediately. "Ice cream or cake?" I ask in return.

"Ice cream. I don't like cake," he smiles glancing at me again. My eyes widen in disbelief.

"You don't like cake? Who doesn't like cake?" I ask still in shock.

"This coming from the girl who told me that she preferred mint over fudge chocolate," he scoffs in fake disgust.

"Mint is delicious, okay?" I tell him stubbornly.

We pull up to the 24-hour Diner; Nathan parks the car and we untangle our hands to get out. I walk around the hood to meet him on the sidewalk where he grabs my hand again, giving it two gentle squeezes. I could get used to this.

We walk into the Diner and a waitress shows us to a booth near the windows looking over the parking lot. Sitting across from one another, I take a moment just to appreciate the guy sitting in front of me. His green eyes travel around the diner with a small smile on his face, showing the little dimple in his left cheek. God, he has a dimple too? What the hell? I must have groaned out loud because his gaze snaps to mine quickly and I choke a little at being caught staring... again. His smile slowly forms into a smirk and he opens his mouth about to tease me, no doubt, but I cut him off quickly.

"Don't you dare," I narrow my eyes at him playfully, and his smirk widens.

"I wasn't going to say anything," he trails off nonchalantly, rolling his eyes.

Yeah, right.

Suddenly, he grabs my hands, which were resting on the table casually, and squeezes them twice. "You look so beautiful tonight," he murmurs not breaking eye contact.

"Thank you," I blush with an urge to fidget but he is still holding my hands, stopping me from fixing the salt and pepper shakers that are too far apart from either side of the napkin dispenser.

"You're welcome," he smiles and his dimple sticks out again.

"Hi, my name is Michelle and I will be you- ugh it's you," I look up and see Michelle Armstrong, my track running enemy, in her waitress uniform with a scowl on her face. Nathan and I let go of each other's hands and pick up our menus.

"Michelle! It feels like I haven't seen you in forever since I can't do track yet with my jacked-up knee and all," I smile at her in the fakest way I can, just in a way I know gets on her nerves.

"Yeah, it's been peaceful these past few weeks. Now, what can I get you so I don't have to stand here any longer than necessary?" She asks bored.

"Sounds like a good idea to me! Can I please have the cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate shake," I recite my order to her and she quickly starts writing it down.

"I'll have the grilled chicken salad, please, with the dressing on the side and a glass of water," Nathan orders and my jaw opens slightly in confusion since I've seen the food he eats at my house and none of it is ever healthy. We hand over our menus and she walks over to the kitchen.