one am

4u blackbear
( album : dead )

taehyung's pov

as rain continued to pour down, i watched as strangers jogged, umbrellas were held low, and smoke was floating through chimneys on the horizon.

i knew no one would come in for hours as our small shop was hardly noticed by the members of the public, eyes glued to their phones or looking soley for cliché internet cafés or the odd library.

at least the biscuit shop was decorated nicely, the pastels mixing with the monotone shades: complimenting each other. fairy lights draped across walls which aesthetic artworks were hung upon. the desk that i had sprawled myself across was made of birch, tiny parts chipping away from where i had got bored from the lack of people that would wonder in and back out again. there was a back room which we could have breaks in, plus a bench with wooden bar stools, a fridge because food and an iphone charger (thank god).

just as i started to get off track, a boy around my age walked in curiously. he had almond-brown fluffy hair and wore thin-rimmed circle glasses. his soft white sweater covered him up to his knees. i silently aww-ed at him while his gaze followed each row of different biscuits. he never met my gaze. oblivious.

he tried to reach for a packet of thin oreos but was too short to succeed, and still didn't notice my presence.

i slowly walked around the desk and reached up easily to where his arms were flailing for. he looked at me with innocent eyes as i opened his small hands and placed the packet inside them. his hands. they were so small. it was a soft moment.

of course those types of moments don't last as he screamed "stranger danger!!!" and ran out through the door.

with the packet of oreos.