three am

♫  cancer twenty one pilots

jeongguk's pov

my eyes opened to a subtle beam of light casted from my marginally opened blinds. the time was 8:57 am, according to the noisy clock on the wall. i laid in bed, my thoughts spewing out.

taehyung.

i stumbled down the stairs, my actions caused by daze-iness and the boy who works at the biscuit shop. i sat down on the wooden chair of my kitchen while my mum was making pancakes. a tradition. a very good one indeed. she looked at me and saw my eyelids heavy and my actions slowed.

"what's wrong honey?"
"notjung," i mumbled. "just tired."

technically it wasn't a lie, but then again, it wasn't the whole truth. my mum knew i was bi and she was 100% supportive but it was too early in mine and taehyung's relationship to be talking about it. hell we've only talked for not even a day so whats the point. my mum looked at me, one eyebrow raised, and turned away.

i walked down to the biscuit shop quite early and i didn't expect the shop to be open because it was only around 9:15 am. but the doors were open. and no sign of tae. my mood flattened but i walked in anyway.

after looking around, i checked the back room and there he was. a mattress and a grey sheet as a bed. my eyebrows furrowed and my skin creased. i walked over to the sleeping boy, he was beautiful even now. his melanin skin was clear and blemish-free with a ray of white sun leaking out past the closed blinds striping across his face. he looked like a model. i caressed his cheek as his eyes fluttered open.

"morning taehyungie."

i said with a smile. his eyes were not completely open but i could see stars in them. my heart was somersaulting in my chest as he stared into my eyes. a sleepy smile was drawn onto his lips. i was still caressing his cheek and he blinked slowly into my touch, his breathing got deeper and slower and i realised he was going to fall asleep again.

"no- tae don't go to sleep again."

i said with a giggle, his smile grew wider and formed the shape of a box, my hand stopped to hold his face. he suddenly blinked a few times and sat up stretching.

"i-i should open the shop now, u-um thanks for waking me up."

and with that he shuffled out of the room. i was left alone with a swarm of thoughts rampaging in my head.

i waddled out into the main section of the shop, and saw taehyung sweeping the floor. i needed to know why he was sleeping here, i wanted to know if he was okay.

i walked over to him and laid a careful hand on his shoulder,

"are you okay?"

he didn't reply.

"if you don't mind me asking, why are you sleeping here? to be honest, that doesn't look like the comfiest of sleeping arrangements..."

"i-its nothing, honest."

my eyebrows furrowed subtly.

"there's a real reason isn't there, you can tell me. i want to be here for you."

"no really it's nothi-"

"it is something taehyung! i don't want to see you suffering alone!"

"it doesn't matter okay! and it's none of your business anyway!" he was near to shouting but i wasn't going to give in.

at that moment, i knew he was struggling. i ran up to him and i forced my arms around his figure.

"please let me help you. keeping it to yourself will only make it worse. trust me." i whispered into his neck.

"o-okay" his reply was slightly muffled by my shoulder.

i enlaced his hands with mine and guided him to sit on his 'bed'.

"look, i would never judge you, i'm here to help you taehyungie. i want to help you. please let me."

i saw taehyung inhale sharply, he was preparing himself for an emotional rant. i was going to listen to every word. i wanted to help him so bad.

"the reason i sleep here is because... i was kicked out of my home. i-i said i was gay and it was like time slowed. my mum and dad starting screaming at me, my sister was crying my brother was agreeing with them and then my dad just shouting 'g-get out of my house! we do not want faggots in this household! we brought you up better!' and i just walked out the door. i had no place to go except the biscuit shop and i knew the manager would understand. jaehyun. he's actually on his honeymoon with taeyong. anyway, i went back in early morning and grabbed my stuff and now i live here. on this."

i was speechless.

i held his hands the whole time.

i cared about him so much already.

it broke me to see him hurt.

i couldn't help myself and flung myself on top of him. he laughed flatly at the action.

"i am so sorry tae. you don't deserve any of this."

"i don't deserve you."