twenty five am

love is so hard the millennial club

taehyung's pov

it was another day at school, the feeling of time dragging its feet was inevitable. my eyes would scan every room and hallway for jeongguk: but i would never succeed.

i still worked at the biscuit shop every tuesday and thursday night, coursework for english literature was difficult to manage around those times, but i enjoyed it.

maybe gguk was sick?

it was 5pm and i unlocked the door of my workplace, turning on the lights and putting on my patterned apron.

i am able to go home at 9pm, which i'd count as pretty good work hours. even though an average of 11 people would come in each day.

for now i was finishing my poem, something to do with two people hiding their unique charms behind a mask, not knowing others were hiding theirs too.

as i was writing the last line, the door bell rang: signalling someone had entered.

"welcome to the biscuit shop! if you have any preferences or questions feel free to ask away." i was used to greeting customers with this phrase everyday — so i continued to write, without looking up.

"tae?"

i looked up to see jeongguk.

my heart leapt with happiness and an aching i hadn't realised was there since i last saw him.

he ran into my arms with what i saw as a desperate need of affection.

i look back at this moment now, and i didn't notice the faint bruises on his face.