thirteen am

honest nightly

jeongguk's pov

before i knew it, i was already at the biscuit shop. my feet knew exactly where they were going, i didn't even have to think about it. my eyes darted across the street to the sky to the shops and back to the path.

i was only hoping for the best, but i knew that something would go wrong. can't things be easy, that's all i ask?

my breathing quickened more than it already had however my actions slowed, it was like time stopped yet only i could move.

inside the shop was taehyung on the floor, unconscious but with tears dried on his cheeks.

i scrambled through the door, the bell out of control. i stumbled and fell but i continued on because all i could think about wasn't the pain in my leg from my fresh scab that had now been opened because of the fall — it was of taehyung.

taehyung.

you seem to be the only thing on my mind a lot, and it's not helping in anyway. what are you doing to me?

i held his cheek in my hand, just like he did as we fell asleep together that one night.

that event was probably only a couple days ago, but it felt like years that this boy had been in my life, and my heart ached to see him in this state.

my vision was blurring.

his head moved.

was i seeing things? did i have that much of an effect on tae? that i simply held him and he woke up? i sure do hope it was just that.

i closed my eyes to let the remainder of my tears go, but when i opened them, i saw a sight i had never thought i'd see.

and after that, an event i'd never thought would happen.

especially now.

the present.