Chapter 3- Tonight's Me-n-U!

- " Now...that will be the third one on the right... " I pointed a little embarrassed.
I could see in the corner of my eye his face starting to deform from driving as best as he could and carefully listening to my directions of the tricky way to my aunt's beach house.
He finally parked right across the house taking advantage of one of my neighbor's driveway entrance. He gave a sigh of relief with a side look. I laughed encouraging him to finally relax.
- « I told you it was going to be quite difficult to get here by car... thank you so much for offering me the ride tho'»
-« Don't sweat it...It was my pleasure...I felt like I was in driving school again. » He mimicked the young driver stressed over his final test day.
- «Oh wow, you are hilarious» I laughed holding my chest.
I could feel the heaviness of the pendant against my neckline and had to hold it for a minute.
-«Be careful not to break it! » He warned me eyeing my hand.
-«Of course not!» I said slowly moving my hand on the door handle.
I saw him briefly petting his hair down and glancing in the rear view mirror.
As I was gathering my bible and my purse to get out of the car, I heard him cleared his throat. I turned my head to face him and there he was staring at me with a half smile.
- « Can I at least get a « see you soon » hug ? He asked with puppy eyes.
I raised my eyebrow, grinned and opened my arms to welcome him. The only thing we could hear was the friction of our delicate fabrics from both of our Sunday outfits as we started to hug and we simultaneously took a big breath inhaling each other's fragrance.
As soon as we untwined, I noticed amusingly that he was also dressed all in very delicate white garments with the similar necklace.
- « Shhhhh, don't say anything...Capture this moment...Breathe it all in...Go home, take a nap, treat yourself with a bubble bath and I'll be back at 8:30 sharp tonight to get you. » He hushed me barely touching my lips.

It really felt like I was suddenly hypnotized and did as I was told. As soon as I reached the doorstep I unthinkingly turned my head to watch him maneuvering and finally take off.

 As soon as I reached the doorstep I unthinkingly turned my head to watch him maneuvering and finally take off

🦋.................🦋

Before lunch, I laid my Sunday outfit and necklace very carefully on my bed. I did not feel very hungry. I prepared myself a light turkey sandwich with wholewheat bread, cheese and butter. There was some apple pie left in the bridge. I warmed the last piece up and added a vanilla yogurt to my dessert.
As soon as I laid down on the living room couch and put my feet up, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
The old clock from the living room woke me up slowly around 5 o'clock. I headed to the bathroom, opened the faucet and looked dreamily at the water running out of it. I opened my bathroom cabinet and went through my best bath products and made my very own relaxing potion.

 I opened my bathroom cabinet and went through my best bath products and made my very own relaxing potion