Chapter 9 - In The Mist

- « First thing first, Sweaty Mama, go get a light shower. » He said bluntly while entering the foyer looking through his mail.
- « OK, Sir! » I said playfully.
-« If you behave,  I' ll show you how the steam room works downstairs. » he turned his head briefly while I was climbing the stairs.
- « How cool! See you in a minute.»
- « Don't bring any jewelry in the room. Wrap yourself in a clean towel. Put some flip-flops on. I'll be waiting for you in the room. » He headed to the basement.
- «  All right! » I blew him a kiss from the top of the stairs.

I undressed and put all my dirty clothes in a plastic bag I took on my way out to the studio. I needed that shower so bad since I over-exercised because of his cheeky request for an Encore. But I couldn't blame him. He loved it and hadn't showed me how much yet because of my condition. Nonetheless, I was really looking forward to that steam room « introduction ». I've always dreamed of having my own at home but never had that opportunity.

I wrapped myself up in a lavender fresh-scented towel from the dryer. I borrowed some organza flip-flops I found in the bathroom and came down the stairs all the way to the basement.
As I approached the intermediary glass door, I heard some music coming out of the steam room. I say this house was technologically equipped. I slowly opened the door and saw him busy on the control panel.
-" Hey! " I said softly.
- " You don't have to whisper, Charles and James are off today. The house is ours." He said mischievously setting the mood.
He held the steam room door for me and patted me gently on the butt. As we entered, I smelled the Eucalyptus light scent immediately getting to my nostrils. The lightening was subdued but bright enough to see each other.
-"I can seat anywhere?"
-"Please do, make yourself comfortable! »He said checking me out from the back.
I noticed some bottles of water disposed at each end of the bench. He had set the optimal steaming temperature which was very enjoyable.
-" How do you feel?" He asked as he sat behind me.
-" Great! That's a whole new experience for me. It's quite exciting! " I replied looking around and adjusting to my new environment.
The music coming out of the hidden speakers was so relaxing and spellbinding. I started to close my eyes. I felt my body unwinding and leaned backwards naturally, until I felt his hands softly receiving my head. I let myself go as he rested it carefully on a folded towel.
-" You can relax now. I'm in control." he soughed into my ears.

I heard and felt him moving around the room

I heard and felt him moving around the room. He lightly poured water on the granite rocks on the sauna stove and I was suddenly very appeased by the sound of it. Almost like a baby soothed by a lullaby.
-" You like the sound of it, Huh? " He quizzed with his lowest tone repeating his action.
-" Mmh-mmh.." I agreed with a wide smile and a head nod.
-" In Finland, this ritual is part of an ancient custom. These kind of rooms were considered a holy place. A special place where women gave birth and where family remembered their dead – it was thought of as such a wonderful place that even the dead would surely like to return to it.
Curing diseases and casting love spells could also happen in there.
The Finnish saw fire as a gift from the gods and the sauna fire was worshiped as one of their altars. There's an an old Finnish saying which goes " One should behave in the sauna as you would in the church."
Fire is represented by the sauna stove. Earth is in the rocks that sit in the stove. Water is thrown upon them and it is transformed into air. It creates an aura akin to water falls and rainbows.
Originally called, Löyly, this action of tossing water on sauna rocks, meant Spirit or Life. It's a celebration of the elements. It's that envelope of heat and steam that surrounds you right now. For me, it is a natural representation of what Love is. It gives me wellness , security and comfort." He was so inspired when he told me this great story.