Chapter 19 - 🎂 35 Candles 🎂

" Women sit or move to and fro, some are old, some young. The young are beautiful - but the old are more beautiful than the young." Walt Whitman

We were getting closer to Paisley Park and I was still trying to find a Plan B so she will not be able to see what I had organized ahead for her up coming birthday.
I squeezed her hand and kissed it. She could not take her eyes off the road and kept her look focused on the building as soon as we made the final right turn and were ready to drive through the back gates.
- " It's pitch black outside, Baby! Don't you wanna wait until tomorrow morning to take a good look at it?" I tried to pull her arm a little so she could finally turn her head and face me.
- " No Way Jose! Do you see how huge it is? How far back does it go? And with the moon light it looks just like a huge vacherin to me! It's fantastic!" She was behaving just like a kid in a ice-cream parlor.
-" I'm really glad you like it! Knowing that my vision of my dream house from back in the day makes you drool gives it an interesting aspect..." I snickered at her antics and comparison.
She finally turned her head quickly and knitted her brow. I loved the way she tilted her head and looked at me with a confused look.
- " I hope I did not offend you, did I? Do you really think I sound stupid saying that ?" Her face changed rapidly from happy to concerned.
-" Absolutely not! Don't take it personal, Mama! Actually, I find you thinking I live in something close to a huge ice-cream cake is pretty...Cool!" I winked and pecked her lips.
The memory of Bret Thoeny my architect and I working hard long days and nights building the whole complex from scratch came back in a flash to my mind. We chose thoroughly all white aluminum, metal panels on the outside to compliment the simplicity of the landscape.

 We chose thoroughly all white aluminum, metal panels on the outside to compliment the simplicity of the landscape

Charles opened my door and we got out of the car. As soon as we reached the main entrance I stopped and looked deep into her eyes for a second.
-" What? Why are you looking at me like this? Did I do something wrong? Are you having second thoughts ? » Her voice started to panic a little.
-"Nope..." I turned around her and pulled my polka dot silk scarf from around my neck and tied it around her head.
-" What is it now? A new game? " I could feel she was getting nervous and a little agitated.
I took her hand reassuringly and held her waist so she could step with me guiding her inside.
-" Don't you worry, I'm right there, Baby. I just don't want you to see the inside of my house until tomorrow morning ." I started to whisper into her ear.
She got the chills in reaction to my words. She instinctively raised her free arm half way up right in front of her just to make sure she was not bumping into any obstacles. That made me smile and I enjoyed being her eyes as we entered Paisley Park.
I had asked Charles to take our luggage up to my bedroom way before hand and I led her straight to the atrium.
- " What's that smell? I love it! " Her nose tried to follow where the great fragrance was coming from.
-« It's called « Beautiful night »... It's one of my favorite incense. » I got closer to her and helped her take her jacket off.
-« Oh, I love that name! Why is my voice echoing? » She tried to feel her environment apparently measuring how big the room was with her arms and blindfolded eyes.
- « We' re in the atrium and right behind me it's the kitchen. Do you fancy anything to eat or drink, Baby? » She looked so beautiful and unarmed that I couldn't help looking, kissing, squeezing and holding her.