You're Burning Up Inside

I took a deep breath and pushed open the doors to the lab. I felt like I had done on my first day as I followed Grissom down the long corridors like a lost puppy. This time though, I knew exactly where I was heading. Down the hall turn right, straight ahead turn...

"Miki!" I spun around just in time to be pulled into a tight embrace by the Texan I now saw as a brother I never had.

"Hey Nick." I laughed

"It's so good to have you back." He said looking down at me, mentally making sure that I looked well enough to be there.

"It's good to be back. Now, I've got to find Grissom to let him know that."

"He's in his office, kiddo." Nick told me before I jogged off down the busy corridor.

"Yo, Griss!" I said as I flopped into the chair opposite him on the other side of his desk.

"Miki, it's good to have you back. Do you feel well enough to go straight into the field, or would you like a few days of lab work to get back into the swing of things?” He put his glasses down and looked at me as he awaited my answer.

"Get me out there." I said, desperate to get back to doing what I loved so much.

"Are you sure you'll be able to handle it?" Grissom asked and his eyebrow rose in its usual way.

"I am more than sure that I can handle anything right now." I said with a confident smile.

"Okay, well you're with Warrick. He's just about to leave for the scene." Grissom returned to his paperwork and I left the office and made my way quickly back the way I had come.

I left the office and caught Warrick in the parking lot just before he left for the scene.

"Oi! Warrick!"

"Hey, you feeling okay?" He said when he spotted me jogging over towards him.

"I'm great and you're lucky." I told him, slipping on some gloves from the box in the van.

"And why is that?" Warrick asked with a small chuckle

"Because you get the honour of working with me tonight." I joked as I jumped in the van.