You Can't Keep A Good Girl Down

Me and Greg returned to the apartment after we'd finished the drinks and Nick and Warrick headed back to the labs. We had the night off because of the trial and the dates when we were needed in court, so we decided to relax. I made popcorn and got the duvet from the bedroom whilst Greg picked out a movie to watch.

"It's a scream baby!" He laughed picking up the slightly worn DVD case to Scream.

"I love that movie! My all time favourite film!" I told him as I settled on the sofa, tucking the edges of the duvet under my legs.

"Aw, so you're not going to be scared then?" He asked, pouting a little as he popped the disc it into the player.

"Nope." I smirked, munching away on the toffee popcorn. “Besides, it’s Scream! Wes Craven is a genius when it comes to horror movies, but Scream is one of his less terrifying masterpieces that reinvented the horror genre.”

"Ooh, get you, you little Scream Queen." Greg complained sitting next to me and pulling duvet over the two of us.

“You know, that was actually my high school nickname?“ I smiled and then shifted position so that I was snuggled into Greg's chest, the two of us laying in an odd yet comfy way, our feet tangled at the bottom and the bowl of popcorn resting on my stomach as he draped his arm over my body.

The phone rang on the screen and Casey Becker's arm reached down to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"What's your favourite scary movie?" Greg said down my ear in his Scream impression.

I laughed and snuggled closer, realising just how much I could get used to this and just how easy it was to fall for this guy.

Guilty...

Guilty…

That one word was like music to my ears. I couldn't help but laugh and smile as Greg hugged me and my mom congratulated me. This meant that we were one step closer to solving my dad’s murder and now that Kyle Cavendish was going to prison we could focus more on the rest of the gang he was associated with.

"Oh darling! I'm so proud of you for going through all of this!" My mom told me as we left the court room.

I pulled off the white suit jacket and peeled off the red blouse to reveal a white and grey tank top. Greg undid his tie and shoved it in his pocket as we traipsed across the parking lot towards my small car. I was relieved to be out of the constricting outfit at long last.

"Okay, so when is my flight again?" Mom asked me as Greg cranked up the volume to my mixed CD.

"Tonight at 8pm. We're driving you there after dinner." I told her, driving up the small road towards Mikito's house.

"Dinner?"

"Yup, me and Greg are running wild in the kitchen." I laughed and grinned at her pale face.

 "Don't worry, we can make a mean pasta meal." Greg reassured her.

"And chocolate cake for desert!" I added, almost letting go of the steering wheel in excitement.

"You just focus on driving, not the food Miks. I don't want a repeat of the ride that night we saw the Goo Goo Dolls." Greg said, holding my hands firmly on the wheel.

"My driving, that night, was fine. However, your ridiculously last minute directions were the cause of the sharp turns and fast brakes." I explained coolly to him, grinning as my mom chuckled and looked out of the window as we continued with our playful banter.