You Gave Me All Your Love

I was stirring the pasta angrily, muttering variations of painful deaths on Hodges, most of which were too vivid and grotesque to ever be repeated beyond my imagination. The phone rang but I didn't pick up. I wasn't exactly in a talkative mood and it would only be one of Greg‘s friends or some phone salesman. The answering machine clicked on and I frowned when it was my lawyer leaving a message about the trial dates and the preliminaries. It only reminded me that I still had to tell my mom and Miki about my job as a CSI. I sighed, leaning back against the counter, turning around when I heard the front door shut. Greg appeared in the kitchen doorway, slightly breathless but smiling-proving the elevator was indeed busted and taking the stairs was necessary.

"You left the labs early today Miks." He stated simply as he hung his jacket up on the wobbly coat rack near the door.

"I needed to get some air." I told him as I turned back to check on the pasta sauce, turning the heat down ever so slightly.

"Migraine?" He asked and I could help but chuckle lightly when worry filled his voice.

"No, just me." I smiled softly.

Greg seemed to make the problem with Hodges fade away. I knew that there had to be a way to get around his blackmail, I was just having difficulties finding it at the moment and the presence of my handsome, but oh so childish boyfriend was exactly what I needed to stop worrying about it for the time being.

"Something smells nice! What are you cooking?" He leaned over my shoulder to look into the pan.

"Pasta. Want a taste?" I scooped a small amount of the sauce onto the end of the wooden spoon and offered it out to him.

He chewed it for a moment before nodding. "That is some good pasta sauce!"

"Maybe I should try some myself. I was too busy daydreaming to notice what I actually put in the pot."

"I think there's still some on my lips." Greg pulled me towards him and grinned cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"We shouldn't let it go to waste if it's a nice as it smells." I added with a smirk as he closed the gap between us.

"We shouldn't." He whispered just as our lips touched. We kissed gently, my arms wrapped around his neck, fingers toying with his hair, until the sound of the pasta sauce starting to bubble over reached my ears and I reluctantly pulled away from his hold to remove it from the hob.

"Damn pasta sauce." Greg mumbled glaring at the pan as he ran his hand through his hair, messing it up even more.

"Fine then, I just won't give you any." I shrugged as I poured it over the pasta cooling on my plate. His stomach rumbled in response and I laughed. Greg threw his arms around my stomach from behind, practically squeezing all of the air out of me and began planting sloppy kisses on my face.

"No, I like the pasta sauce and you and everything about it and you will not believe how hungry I am." He told me, his breath tickling my ear.

"Well then, let me go so I can serve it." I laughed, trying to escape his tight hold, hitting his arm gently with the spoon.

After we ate the two of us began falling asleep on the sofa. We‘d thrown a DVD on, but less than half an hour into it, my eyelids began to get heavy, my brain begging for sleep. Greg had his arm draped over my shoulders, my head resting on his chest, the two of us slowly being pulled into a dreamland.

"If we fall asleep here, we're going to be so uncomfortable when we wake up." Greg mumbled.

"Mm-hm." I replied, snuggling further into him, his scent relaxing me and dragging me closer to my dreams.

"Come on." He said, shifting from me and pulling me up off the sofa, ignoring my grumbling protests. “There’re already springs digging it where springs shouldn’t be.

"But [I]why[/I]?" I whined, trying to put up a fight against him and failing miserably.

"Because I don't have the energy to pull the sofa bed out for you, so let‘s just go to my bed. Besides, you can fall asleep on my chest again there. ." Greg explained as he shut the blinds in his room and threw on an old faded tee-shirt to sleep in. I managed to kick my jeans off, but after that my body just crumpled onto the bed and I pulled the covers up to my chin. My shirt rose up ever so slightly, the soft sheets tickling my hipbones as I found a comfy sleeping position.

"Mm, Greg!" I suddenly remembered something and bolted upright, my eyes only slightly open still.

"What's wrong?" He tiredly looked over at me, freezing with the sheets held in the air as he slipped his bare legs into the bed.

"It's nothing big, don't worry. The lawyer phoned earlier about the trial and reminded me that she needs to know if my mom is going to testify, which means I have to tell her about me being a CSI and everything else that comes with that, but...I don't want to do it alone. Will you come with me in the afternoon to tell her?" I explained, watching him as he leaned back.

"Sure thing Miks. You know I'm always going to be here for you." He said with a sleepy smile.

"Don't promise that just yet." I whispered to myself as I let my head hit the pillow once more.