Every Word Feels Like A Shooting Star

*Greg's POV*

"Will you stop with the pacing?" Nick asked me as I crossed the room for what must have been the hundredth time in ten minutes.

"I'm nervous Nick! What if she doesn't turn up because she realises what a loser I am?! This is all happening so fast that she may have changed her mind about marrying me!" It was true. I had proposed to Miks only three months before and now here we were; our wedding day.

"Greg. Miki is in love with you and she wants nothing more than to become Miki Sanders and you know that already. So stop panicking and fix your tie." Nick handed me the silky blue material.

My fingers trembled as I tried to fasten it around my neck and I was too busy focusing on my rapid breathing to notice as the door opened and Grissom walked in, his suit pristine and perfect in every way. He looked at me freaking out and stepped closer to me, fastening my tie expertly with great ease and calming me with one simple look. I looked in the mirror and tweaked the spikes in my hair, knowing that Miks loved that style on me best.

"How many times has he burned a hole in the carpet?" Warrick asked upon his entrance, fixing the white rose on his lapel.

It was Nick who answered, "Since we arrived. Greg, stop messing with your hair! Everything is fine, stop fussing. God, anyone would think you were the bride around here."

*Miki's POV*

My three bridesmaids were in the bathroom, finishing off their make-up and checking that there wasn't a hair out of place on their heads. They'd slipped into their dresses and got ready before I was even woken up this morning--they insisted that I needed my beauty sleep. I thought I'd slept through the wedding when they appeared already in their handmade, knee length burgundy dresses that Mikito had delivered the night before.

I was pacing around the main room, lifting the  spaghetti straps onto my shoulders and trying desperately to zip the back up myself, so as not to disturb the three women.

"I need someone to zip me up!" I cried as I awkwardly held the zipper in my hands, growing more flustered by the second.

The dress was ivory and fitted to my form nicely, delicate diamantes and embroidery covering the gathered top before flowing into an elegant fishtail bottom with a slight train that I could hook to the underskirt once the ceremony was over and the tripping over the fabric would begin.

Catherine emerged from the bathroom all ready and prepared for anything, as she always was. Swiftly, the zip was up and the dress wrapped around me, hugging my figure like nothing I’d ever experienced. I blinked at the speed she did it in, almost convinced that she was magical for a second.

"You'd better hope Greg can undo it just as fast later." She joked, dodging to avoid my hit as I slapped the air where she had been standing.

I laughed at her, her joke calming my nerves for a few seconds before Mikito fell through the door with Paul, the hairdresser close behind her. He pushed me onto the stool and began working on my hair whilst Wendy started on my light layer of make-up.

"I'm going to be sick." I mumbled as Sara handed me the silver necklace from its case and I slipped it around my neck.

"You're going to be fine." Catherine said speaking up from where she sat on the bed, adjusting her shoes.

"I'm just so nervous. I can't actually get my head around the thought that in three hours I'll be Mrs Sanders. Oh my god, I'll sound like a 1950's housewife. I can't do this!"