Move Over and Give Us Some Room

*Greg's POV*

I was sat in the lab running my own tests, something that I'd not done in the longest of time. My hands were shaking as I typed in the APHIS access code and my eyes couldn't seem to focus on the screen in front of me. I groaned to myself and rested my head on the desk, careful not to hit the worn down keyboard Miki was usually typing away heavily at.

"Greg?" I let out an inhumane groaning sound as an answer and left my head on the cold desk. "Why are you here so early?" Grissom closed the doors to the lab and turned off the loud music.

"I took out the trash--" I mumbled.

"So you came to work early? Where's Miki?"

"With her mom."

"Have you two had a fight about something?"

"No."

"Then what's going on?"

"I found it."

"Found what?"

"She'd hidden it in one of those toilet roll tube things." I said, laughing softly at the thought of how it was so like her to do something like that.

"Okay, you sound like you could do with a coffee and maybe something to eat."

"No, I had like eight cups before I came here and another three since I arrived. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Grissom slowly stood up and made a move for the door. I turned my chair to face him. "What does the blue mean?" Grissom looked at me, his face clouded in bewilderment, eyebrow almost touching his hairline. "You know, the stick thing? What does it mean if it's blue? Is that positive?" I asked him. His eyes widened and his jaw moved as he tried to assemble some form of sense in his suddenly but rarely scrambled mind. "That's what I thought." I told him, putting my head back on the desk with an echoing thud.

"Greg! Greg!" I lifted my head and blinked the room and the Texan back into focus.

"Oh, hey Nick." The coffee had made me more dopey than hyper, and I wasn't sure if that was better or worse than being on a caffeinated high.

"Griss just told me what he thinks is going on, is it true?"

"Well, that's what the stick says."

"You mean you've not spoken to Miki about this?!" The anger was rising in his voice.

"She was out."

"So you just came here?!"

"I left her a note."

"You left her a note? Sanders sometimes I just cannot believe the things you do. Greg, what the hell kind of husband does that after he's just found that out!?"

"The kind of husband who is currently terrified out of his wits and is on the verge of crapping himself!" I replied.

Nick looked shocked and he was probably trying to remember a time when I looked as pale and as scared as I did now. The last time I felt like this  afraid was when Miki had been shot and everyone knows how badly I dealt with that.

"Why are you so scared about this Greg? I mean it's a wonderful thing and I'm prepared to hunt you down if you run from this." Nick said quietly, sitting down on a spare seat.

"I'm not going to run. I couldn't run from Miks. I'm just terrified of screwing up. This is the one thing I can't use science to fall back on. It's the first thing I can't use science to fall back on, and that scares me. I used to think that science had an answer to anything and everything, but not this time. There are no scientific ideals of how to be a good father!"