Chapter Twenty

Finn's POV
I didn't even want to listen to the message.

It was killing me, absolutely killing me, but I was determined to let the voicemail from Aidan float out of my memory and never return. I'd reached a conclusion last night that it was never going to happen, so there was no point in dragging myself even further into the emotional mess I'd already created.

Plus, I'd discovered an interesting tidbit about his sex life last night that I also needed to forget. Looked like I was getting fucked up tonight.

I made myself a cup of coffee with Jerry's Keurig because I was tired. Not because it reminded me of Aidan. I was fucking tired.

The voicemail was only 23 seconds long; what had he decided to say in 23 seconds? Wasn't he busy fucking that submissive last night? It just didn't add up. I sipped my coffee and stared at Jerry's sleeping form from across the room, desperately needing his opinion on this situation.

"Eh hem," I coughed. I hacked louder. hoping that he'd at least stir. "Eh HEM."

"Shut the fuck up," Jerry groaned.

"Jerry...Aidan left me another voicemail. What do I do?"

"Go back to bed."

It was 11:56 AM. I was definitely not going back to bed, so Jerry was useless to me. I snatched my phone and went into the bathroom to listen to the message.

The first few seconds were sounds of cars driving and people speaking in the distance. I nearly jumped on shock when Aidan's deep voice slurred through the line, "Um, I thought I was calling Liam..."

I rolled my eyes. Of course. I shouldn't have been surprised that he was drunk, especially since I'd seem him at a club about thirty minutes before I got the voicemail. Still, it irritated me.

I nearly deleted it, but then I heard him whisper, "Fuck... Oh, fuck. I miss you."

My heart stopped. He missed me? I allowed myself to feel the slightest bit of hope that he liked me a fraction of how much I liked him. I mean, he had to, right? He nearly kissed me and now he was drunk dialing me again.

I missed him too.

I stormed back in the room and grabbed my coat and wallet. "Bye, Jerry!"

"Wha—"

The door cut off his full response. I stopped my Viv's door and knocked. She answered, looking tussled and sleepy. "What's up, Finn?"

"I need your car."

"What? Hell nah."

I figured her response would be something like that. I grabbed my wallet and pulled out twenty dollars. "I'll pay you."

She didn't hesitate long. "Fine, I'm a slut for money. Gimme that. Oh, and you're paying for any damage."

I nodded and took off. Greenville was kind of a hike, so I needed to get going.

The drive was forty minutes and at least four times I decided I was crazy and needed to turn around. But I'd been to Aidan's house before, so it wasn't like this was anything new. And why was he the one that always got to be overdramatic? He was calling me when he was drunk, pulling away from me when he was uncomfortable, acting like an asshole whenever I crossed some invisible line that he'd drawn and not told me about.

It was getting really fucking annoying, actually.

I was gonna give him a piece of my mind.

I pulled up into his driveway and frowned when I saw no car. Huh. I hopped out of Viv's vehicle and knocked on the door, but the only thing that answered was Jack's bark. Where the hell was he?