Chapter Twenty-Six

Finn's POV

I didn't know how to hold in my secret any longer. I'd managed to keep it in for the rest of Sunday, mostly because Jerry was busy partying with Viv and Benny. By the time he'd come back to the room, I'd mostly calmed down about my amazing date and managed to fake being asleep.

Monday, though. That was a whole other issue.

I'd love to pretend like I'd kept it in like a savage. I'd love to pretend like I'd considered the risks that Aidan was taking by even going on a date with me. I'd love to pretend that I made the correct decision to let the news of my lovely date with my Chemistry professor die with me.

Nope.

I didn't manage that.

In fact, the second I woke up I gasped and shouted, "I have something to tell you!" which made Jerry actually roll over a little bit and make some grumbling noises.

"Wha—?"

"Wait, never mind. I shouldn't tell you."

"Okay, bitch, now you're telling me!" Jerry whined, hopping out of his bed and rolling into mine. I smiled and cuddled up next to him. We sat in comfortable silence, all curled up together, before Jerry started getting antsy. "I just got out of bed for some juicy deets. Please give."

"You're just going to call me a sister savage. Or a sister slut, I'm not sure which. Even though I didn't do anything slutty, so don't call me that! And even if I had done something slutty, it's my decision what to do with my body and I—"

"Honey, you're ranting," Jerry said. He yawned wide enough for me to get a nice mouthful of his morning breath. "Please just give me deets."

Aidan was going to be mad, but Aidan wasn't my daddy. I got to do what I wanted to.

"I went on a date last night," I said, cringing just a little. "...with Aidan Demos."

Jerry looked a little bit startled and a little bit confused, like he wasn't sure where he'd heard the name before. Then it clicked.

He sat up and faced me. "You said what now bitch?!" A deep inhale of breath, approximately seventeen baffled batted eyelashes, and two head shakes later, Jerry flopped back onto the bed. "Our Chemistry professor?"

"Yup."

"He's hot af."

"Oh yup."

Jerry sighed. "Okay, I'm happy for you. However, I really need to make sure he's not using his power over you to influence this relationship."

"Ooh, sister supportive?"

"Not the time, Finn."

I had no idea how this called for a complete roll-reversal, but I had to say that being the one with less stress was really nice.

Jerry and I rolled out of bed and into our clothes. The whole time, I explained all the details to Jerry. I described the time Aidan and I had spent one on one together. I described our first kiss and our first date. I answered every question he had completely and honestly.

"Okay, it sounds like a healthy relationship so far," Jerry chirped, while straightening his hair. "But I want to keep this man in line. I want some time to give him The Talk."

"You're teaching him about sex?"

"No, dipstick, I'm telling him he's dead if he wrongs you! Duh. The bestfriend talk."

"Aw, Jerry! C'mon, I just got him. You're gonna scare him away," I whined, knowing just how terrifying Jerry could be. For a tiny, happy guy, he could be intimidating.