Chapter Twenty-Two

Finn's POV
Aidan and I spent the rest of the day goofing off and talking about BDSM. He made me answer some questionnaires and things, while also going over what kind of stuff I'd learn in training. Apparently training wasn't necessarily a sexual thing, so he said he'd do it no matter what happened between us.

I was worried about that part. I tried to pretend to be confident, but I really had no idea if Aidan liked me or not. If I didn't know him so well by now, I probably would think he didn't even like me as a person. It was really hard to tell if he liked-liked me.

"So..." I cleared my throat awkwardly, trying to buy myself some time to think about my question. Aidan gave me his judgmental look for literally no reason that I could think of. "What?!"

"You look like you're about to ask another invasive question. If you're asking for my specific kinks, I'm not telling you."

"No, jeez! I just wanted to know..." It was really hard to keep myself from blushing like an idiot. "Well, obviously I know you're going to fall in love with me, so that's not even a question. But I gotta ask...um, so how like far along are you? Because I like you and all, but I'm not down to spend, like, years trying to convince this one guy to date me."

Something in his expression softened. "Finny. I like you very much. I don't like our situation at all, so I think we need to be careful. ...I need to be careful. You see how this would come back to bite me if anyone ever were to find out."

"Yeah, I get that..." I trailed off, not knowing how to explain my real worries. "But, are you even gonna fall for me if I'm not, you know?"

He squinted. "Older?"

"No! More experienced. Specifically, um...on the kink side of things," I died twice over just thinking about my words, never mind saying them.

A wicked edge tainted Aidan's grin. "Oh, don't worry Finny. I'd teach you."

I bit my lip, a little bit freaked out by the sadistic glint in his eyes. "Um...and what does that mean, exactly?"

We'd been talking about BDSM casually for a bit, but he'd never actually explained to me in clear terms what training was. I just wanted it all out in the open. If my cute ass was gonna be beaten, I wanted to know ahead of time.

"When you went to the club, did Robert tell you about classes?" Aidan asked.

I nodded.

"Well, it would be like that, except I would be your teacher," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Story of my life. Sorry, but if there's a final at the end that's 40% of my overall grade, you can find yourself another boy toy to play with. Jerry, maybe. He'd die happy if you fucked him and he's good at school, too."

Aidan snorted. "First of all, the chemistry final is only worth 30% of your overall grade. Second of all, no, there's no final exam when training to be a submissive. Third, and most importantly of all, please stop making jokes about being my boy toy. I'm begging."

"Aren't the submissive the ones who are supposed to beg?" I asked drolly.

"Oh, they do," he said, smile curving up just enough to look mischievous. "You'll see."

You, this guy was too hot for words. I wiggled my eyebrows at him. Aidan pinched the bridge of his nose. "Let's start right now, Master Aidan."

I didn't miss the way his hands tightened just a little bit on his glass of bourbon. His gray eyes zeroed in on me and I stilled. "Don't tempt me, Finn. All you've known of me is what I'm like when I'm holding back. You've convinced me to give you everything. If I were you, I'd stop baiting until you know that you can handle what bites."