#55 Heart to Heart with Dadi

السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته
Hello beautiful people!

Your eyes do not cheat you, no need to blink twice. It is indeed a LuL update after ages! Not a long chapter, not a short chapter, definitely a cute chapter. Have fun reading!

***
#55 Heart to Heart with Dadi

When I first mentioned Najwa's rishta with Zaid, Bhabhi all but spluttered her tea out at Di. Her reaction was so spontaneous and out of the norm that I couldn’t help but burst into giggles. Di too was laughing heartily as Iqra Bhabhi appeared flabbergasted. Her brows were raised as far as they could go, eyes as wide as saucers and mouth set in a grimace as if she just ate a piece of bitter gourd.

“Did I just hear right? Or are my ears ringing? Najwa and Zaid? Why? What? When? How?”

“Chill Bhabhi, what’s so shocking about it? You know Najwa and Zaid were once quite close friends and I’m sure they’d make a wonderful couple,” I said clasping my hands together and swaying in excitement.

“It’s not a bad idea you know Iqra, Juni has always had good intuitions when it comes to matchmaking. Like a typical desi aunty,” Di laughed. I rolled my eyes at her, me and a desi aunty? That’s like comparing an ant to an elephant.

Iqra Bhabhi wasn’t impressed. Nor did she find anything funny. Setting her cup and saucer down she dragged me with her all the way to her room, calling out excuses to Di. The latter was definitely curious and wanted in on what was going on, however Abid had kept her busy in the kitchen. The boys and Chachi and Phuppi were all confused by Bhabhi's antics too. The lady had an iron strength though. I couldn’t resist, nor could I break free of her vice like grip. She only let me go once we were in her room and the door was locked behind us.

“What was that?” she asked, arms crossed in an attitude that spoke no nonsense accepted.

I twisted my arms about and rubbed the place where she had held me.

“Juni, what was that?” she repeated, her tone more firm.

“I’m checking if you’ve left any indents on my arms,” I said in all seriousness.

“Junaina Javed Ali, I’m not in the mood for jokes. What the heck were you saying back in the kitchen?”

I sighed. There was no getting around this. If I knew anything about Iqra Bhabhi in the last few years, it’s that she can be just as stubborn as that husband of hers. She really wouldn’t let me leave until I answered to her satisfaction. God knows we’ve already drawn enough attention.

“Whatever you heard Bhabhi. I think you should suggest Najwa as an ideal match for Zaid to Haseena aunty.”

“Are you nuts? I was waiting for your Mom to land here so that I could talk to my Ammi and Abbu about your rishta for Zaid!”

If I was taking her lightly before then I gave up all of that at what she just mentioned. Woah woah woah, marriage and me? No! I had bigger things on my mind like setting up my boutique and designing dresses and making a name for myself and being independent. Marriage did not fit into that scene at all. And she said she wouldn’t talk to Bhai unless...

“Bhabhi we’ve only been here for what, a week or two? You can’t possibly have noticed anything in such a short span!”

“And you cannot just decide that it’s okay to pair any girl with Zaid just like that. He must have preferences and desires too. How can you talk so nonchalantly about Najwa and Zaid when you don’t know what Zaid wants?”