four - i'm getting used to you, darlin'

Phil was officially moved into Dan's home, and was left on his own free will while Dan was working at Betty's. Phil took the alone time opportunity to walk around Dan's house, which was honestly barren, but Phil understood why. Dan put all his effort into Rosalie's room, he really didn't care about the rest of the house. 

Phil had brought his couches, ottomans, end tables, dining table, chairs, TV's and TV stands, his millions of movies, his gaming consoles, and a few dressers, including Dan's old one. The only things he got rid of was his mattress, because Dan had purchased a newer one, and some old furniture that wouldn't have survived the move. 

Dan's living room wasn't very small, it was a decent size, so he had placed the couches in the middle of the room, placing his 64" flat screen and TV stand in front of the couches, against the wall. He put two end tables alongside the couch and loveseat, and placed the ottoman in front of the couch. He bought a rug so the couches wouldn't damage the flooring. 

Of course Phil had to put a big house plant in the corner of the room, near the window, so it could get sunlight. Not to mention his collection of cacti and smaller plants. 

The living room looked much more welcoming now, and he moved to the kitchen. The kitchen was small, but not too small, and the dining room was connected to it, as well as the living room. It was one big space. Dan had some plates and kitchen stuff, but Phil brought more pots and pans and silverware to help out. Phil had brought over his cooking books and baking recipes, along with some decor to go in the kitchen. Phil also brought his dining table and chairs, and put it in the middle of the dining room, atop a large black rug. In the middle of the table sat a bowl of fruit, and a candle. He put placemats in front of every chair, with plates, forks, spoons, and knives on top. 

Phil felt very proud of himself, and he had hoped Dan liked the changes. Dan was a big fan of extravagant decor, and loved homey stuff, so Phil secretly knew Dan would love what he did with the house. 

Now that the kitchen, dining, and living room were finished, he walked into Dan's bedroom, and stared at the mess. Dan had his clothes laid out everywhere, so Phil picked them up, placed them in a hamper, and threw them into the washing machine. After Phil returned to Dan's room, he put away some books and movies, and threw away some bottles and paper plates that sat on Dan's nightstand. He made the bed, putting the pillows in their respective places, and started putting his own clothes into the dressers. 

Dan had two more hours left of his shift, so Phil decided to cook them dinner, but first, he went to see Rosalie, who was napping at the time. Phil was quiet, and took the time to take in her sleeping face. She truly was adorable, with her chubby cheeks and tummy. She had a look of pure relaxation on her face, and he recognized it as the same face Dan makes when he sleeps. 

Dan and Phil hadn't slept in the same bed yet, because Phil would go home at night and pack up his apartment. Tonight would be the first night they slept in the same bed in a year. And to be honest, he felt nervous. He didn't want Dan to feel like Phil only came back to get back with Dan. That wasn't the whole truth. 

Of course Phil wanted to be with Dan again. He missed the brown haired boy, and of course he still loved him, but Phil was still hurt. He was still hurt that Dan left in the first place, instead of just coming clean and telling Phil they were going to be parents. Although it wasn't planned, Phil would've been thrilled. And he wasn't mad at Dan, but Phil missed his daughters birth, her first kick, and her heartbeat. He knows Dan didn't do this to hurt him, he was truly protecting him, but Phil was still sad. 

Phil shakes out of his thoughts, realizing he had been staring at Rosalie for over thirty minutes, and left the room. He went into the kitchen and started cooking dinner, which included chicken parmigiana, spaghetti, and a side salad. Phil knew Dan wasn't drinking alcohol as he was pumping, so he skipped wine. 

~

Phil hears the front door unlock, and it was perfect timing as he was plating the food. He hears Dan walk in and drop his keys on the side table beside the door, and Dan gasps loudly. Phil smiles to himself and walks out of the kitchen, looking at Dan from the doorway. 

"Did you do all this?" Dan asks

"Yeah, I brought my old furniture and decided to make this more of a home." Phil admits

"It looks great, Phil, it really does. Thank you," Dan says, and Phil smiles even wider in pride. Dan looks towards Phil in curiosity, "Did you cook?" 

"I did, dinners on the table," 

"You didn't have too..." Dan trails off, "I'm gonna wash up real quick and change out of my uniform," Dan says, disappearing down the hall and into his bedroom.

Dan sits on his bed with a heavy gasp, feelings overwhelmed. Phil was already becoming domestic, and Dan was so ecstatic. They were a step closer to being together again, and although nothing else has happened since the kiss, he hopes that changes. 

Dan changes into pajamas, and washes the sweat off his face. His feet are aching, but Phil made dinner, and he was starving. Dan padded back into the kitchen, seeing Phil already seated at the table. On his plate was a piece of chicken smothered in tomato sauce, spaghetti underneath, and a salad. Phil's placed a can of soda beside the plate as well.

"Phil this looks literally amazing," Dan compliments

Dan digs in, as well as Phil, and Dan tells him about his crazy day at work, and Phil listens with a fond smile. 

~

"Thank you," Dan tells Phil after they've finished eating, placing a kiss on Phil's cheek. He sees the blood rush to Phil's face, and he smirks, "I still have that effect on you, don't I?" 

"Of course you do," Phil responds back

"I'm going to head to bed, are you joining?" Dan asks, yawning widely 

"Yeah, I'll clean the dishes tomorrow," 

"Already such a housewife," Dan teases

"Oh shut it," Phil laughs 

The two make their way to their bedroom, and Dan watches as Phil strips down to his boxers as normal, and Dan suddenly feels very self-conscious. Although Dan had lost a lot of weight, he still had the pouch of fat from when he was pregnant, and he hated it. He especially didn't want Phil to see it, as it was so unattractive.

Phil notices Dan's conflicted look, and the way his arms are wrapped around his stomach. Phil knows what's going on, and he walks towards Dan, placing his fingers underneath Dan's shirt. Dan looks at Phil in fear, "What's wrong?" 

"I'm fat, and I don't want you to see it." Dan admits quietly, "I haven't lost all the baby weight," 

"And?" Phil asks, before he slowly tugs off Dan's shirt, Dan avoiding his eyes. Phil looks at Dan, and shakes his head, "You're still as beautiful as you were before," 

Dan doesn't look at Phil, but he smiles. The two get into bed, and stay on their opposite sides, wide-awake and conflicted. Phil's the one to break the first move, turning around and putting his body flush to Dan, stomach pressed to back. Dan instantly relaxes, and Phil nuzzles his face into Dan's shoulder. 

The two fall asleep wrapped in each others arms, their hearts filled with nothing but content.