Hot summer nights

It was hot this night and the atmosphere smelled of peppermint due to the big cup of hot peppermint tea 2d had placed on his nightstand. The stars filled the sky as the singer laid on his bed writing some lyrics for a new song. Ace sat on 2d's bed scrolling through his apple music playlist trying to find the right song. After a few more seconds of scrolling he settles on Empire Ants, a song from the Plastic Beach album. 

"Empire Ants, good choice Acey." 2d praised, while smiling.

"You've been staring at that notebook for the past hour D, c'mon, set it aside for a bit?"

"Fine. Only because you're practically beggin' for my attention."

2d set the notebook aside and faced his boyfriend who was now lying besides him. Ace reached out for one of the bluenette's loose hair strands and started playing with it. They were both slightly sweating, due to the temperature, even though the Air Con was on. 2d cuddled closer into Ace's chest giving him little kisses on his neck.

"What do you think the new album should be called Acey?" the singer questioned.

"Well, what's it about?"

"I s'pose it's about... My newfound self? I feel more free now that Murdoc isn't here. And I just want to live in the present. The now, y'know?"

"How about. The now now?"

"I like that. A lot. The now now, by the Gorillaz!" 2d said, flailing his arms about, before turning to his side to admire his lover. Ace's face was slightly sweaty due to the hot temperature, but you could still see the freckles and the slight wrinkles on his face. Details like that were what made 2d go crazy about him. He moved closer to his boyfriend and hugged him tighter.

"Why do you smell like pinecones and cinnamon all the time?" The singer asked.

"I take showers frequently dude. And it's probably because of my shampoo." Ace swooned while caressing 2d's back.

"Where the emptiness we leave behind on warm air rising, blows all the shadows far away.."

2d got up and started dancing to the music. Ace looked at him in amazement. The bluenette was 43 but he looked 18. As he jumped across the room his haired moved in different directions, changing colors in the light. He was into the music so much that he didn't even realize the heat was getting to him. He kept flailing around the room until he eventually collapsed on the bed. Sweat was trickling all over his skinny body, making his hair really wet, straight and a darker shade of blue. Ace just sat there staring at him while he was heavily breathing and turning red.

"Thirsty?" Ace asked.

"Yeah- I could use something to drink. Preferably something cold."

"Gotcha. Stay right 'ere I'll be right back."

Ace got out of the room and hopped downstairs and slid into the kitchen, where he found Noodle with a huge container of ice cream. It was weird because it was around 1 am and Noodle usually wasn't up and about at this hour.

"Hey Nu, watcha up to at this hour?" He asked.

"I was hungry so I got myself a late night snack. You?"

"Oh 2d was thirsty, so i'm getting him a cherry cola from the fridge."

"What are you two doing anyways? I thought you guys were close but not that close. Unless..." She said with a sly face and a smirk.

"Nu, why you gotta do that to me?"

"So is it true? You guys are dating?" She questioned clinging onto his arm.

"Fine! Yes we are! Will ya stop now? But it's not like that. 2d doesn't feel comfortable telling you guys yet, so that's why we tried to hide it. Look, I just want the best for him, I don't want to hurt him, I want him- us to be happy. All of us."

"Aw. I knew you always had a soft spot in you Copular."

"Eh, what can I say? I care for all of ya."

"Heh."

"Anyways, I wanted to ask you. Why does 2d have y'know-"

"Those days? Well, to be honest, everytime I try to talk to him about it he just doesn't seem to want to. He just has these really big mood swings sometimes. He can go from being the happiest thing on the planet, to crippled and depressed. Me and Russ don't really know what to do about it."

"Maybe, I could talk ta him?"

"Well, you can try. I'm sure he'll talk to you about it?"

"It's worth a try. Hey c'n I have the car keys?"

"Why?"

"I'll take 2d to the park, y'know set the mood kinda..." Ace purred while winking.

"Ugh stop it old man." Noodle giggled while throwing the keys over to him. "Good luck Ace."

He went back up the stairs and into the bluenette's room. He was sitting by the windowsill, looking at the sky, still mildly sweating.

"Hey D, here ya go. Cherry cola, it's good try it."

"Thanks... T-thanks, Babe!" 2d said, flustered and all red. He wasn't used to saying things like that. As he opened the can, Ace sat right across from him. 

"Haha, no problem. So I was thinking, howsa bouts we goes to the park, y'know get some fresh air? And escape this heat?"

"M'kay luv. It is really hot in here. Let me change." 

Stuart put down the can and jumped over to his closet, side effect of the sugar. He had so many clothes but he still had no idea what to wear. He took out an acid washed pink button up shirt that he hasn't worn in years and put that on his bed. Then he pulled out whatever pair of pants he could find, which were high waisted boyfriend jeans. He carefully took off Ace's roller skate button up shirt and placed it on the bed. He put the clothing items and slipped on his white converse high tops.

"How do I look?" He asked Ace while spinning around the room.

"Stunning 2d. I'm going to go switch outfits in my room i'll be right back." He stood up exiting the room, but felt a hand groping onto his arm.

"Can I come with you? I mean, not to like watch you change!" 2d blushed, making his face turn deep red. "I just don't want to be alone..."

"Oh sure. I don't mind, and stop being embarrassed! It's okay!" Ace giggled while holding Stu by the hand, leading him into his room. 2d proceeded to lie down on the bed whilst shuffling Ace's playing cards trying his best to not look at him change. Ace wasn't ripped but he was muscular and a tad bit buff, but he was still tall and skinny. His slight freckles were now visible in the light, which 2d thought was very cute. Ace had chosen to wear black skinny pants, and a white button up, he completed his look with some black boots and a navy blue cap.

"D'? You ready to go?"

"Oh yeah. You look really pretty Acey!" Stu said while holding onto his arm and resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. Ace leaned over and kissed 2d on his forehead before heading downstairs and outside hopping into the car.

"This is going to be a long night."