Chapter 13

You were facing a group of Knights from the kingdom as the women in front had accused Kazuma being a criminal.

Sena: I'm Sena, the public prosecutor assigned by the kingdom. Adventurer Satou Kazuma, you are currently suspected of the crime of subversion to the state.

Aqua: Hey, Kazuma, what did you do this time?! Come on apologize! I'll tell them I'm sorry, too, so hurry up and apologize! *tries to push him down*

Kazuma: What do you mean, "this time"?! You should know I didn't do anything!

Sena: The Coronatite that was teleported at your instruction blew up the residence of a lord.

Aqua & Kazuma: Gah?!

Sena: Thankfully, there were no fatalities... But there is the question of whether you are a terrorist or a servant of the devil king.

(Y/N): Wait a minute! If it wasn't for Kazuma's decisions there could've been worde causalities than some fat lord's house.

Kazuma: (Y/N)...

Megumin: That's right! Kazuma's only crimes are minor ones, like sexual harassment.

(Y/N): Indeed.

Darkness: Miss Prosecutor, this must be some mistake.

Kazuma: Darkness...

Darkness: This man lacks the guts for such an act. Despite eyeing me like a wild animal on the mansion, he is the kind of sadsack who never once came to my bedside.

Kazuma: I-I-I wasn't eyeing anything! Don't get a big head just because your body's somewhat sexy! I reserve the right to be selective!

Darkness: Wh-Why, you... And after everything you made me do in the bath!

(Y/N): *dark tone* What is she talking about Kazuma?

Kazuma: N-Nothing (Y/N)! And that was because I was under that succubus's control! You're the one who went along with it and washed my back! Just how easy are you?!

Darkness: Th-Then you do remember, after all!

(Y/N): *thoughts* If he lives through this then he better be careful from now on...

Kazuma: Maybe I do?

Darkness: And as a Crusader who serves Eris-sama, my body must remain pure! And you call me easy...

Kazuma: Yep.

Darkness: I'll kill you dead!

Kazuma: Then do it!

Dust: That's right! Kazuma might be an adventurer, but he's no criminal!

RA #1: This is an abuse of state power!

RA #2: Adventurers deserve freedom!

The crowd begins to chant Freedom! in Kazuma's defense as Sena pushes her glasses up.

Sena: Incidentally, he's not the only one the subversion charge may apply to.

Her statement silences the crowd quickly.

Sena: I won't stop anyone who wants to join him in prison, but...

The crowd stares at Sena as you, Aqua, and Megumin separate from Kazuma.

Kazuma: Screw you guys! Try harder! Keep the protest going!

Aqua: If I remember right, Kazuma said something like this at the time. "It's okay. I'll take responsibility. I may not look it, but I apparently have good luck!"