Chapter 22

Megumin: Explosion—!

The calm and peaceful plain was trampled by brutal violence. The shockwave of the explosion radiated out alongside a loud bang, kicking up a dust cloud. You picked up Megumin who had collapsed onto the ground after exhausting her mana.

Megumin: How, how many points did I get...?

Although she looked really tired, Megumin's eyes still looked sharp as she asked you.

(Y/N): Hmm... From the volume of the sound and destructive power... 85 points!

Megumin: Urghh! As expected of (Y/N), I would have given that explosion the same score. (Y/N) is progressing really fast...!

(Y/N): Fufu, of course, accompanying you day after day would improve my judging skills. It's fine to address me as the explosion sommelier. Here, let me give you a piggyback.

Megumin: Ugghhhh...

You propped up Megumin who had collapsed onto the ground.

(Y/N): Explosions day in and day out, and you are still not sick of it. Don't you wanna do a class change to learn other spells and become an excellent mage?

Megumin: Of course not. We have you to use all the other magic.

The excellent mage (self-proclaimed) said as she put her hands around your neck. You sighed as you placed Megumin on your back. She said that she would not be able to cast her spells during the trip as she needed to conserve her mana, so you are forced to accompany her on her so-called daily explosion ritual.

(Y/N): *thoughts* Really, how could she not be sick of this? Even I need some variation in my life.

On the way back to Axel town.

As the sky was gradually dyed red, Megumin who was on my back mumbled to herself.

Megumin: I will get one hundred points next time...!

Next Day

It was a nice evening as you and the others, plus Yunyun were enjoying afternoon tea. The Dolls were sitting on your lap as Megumin and Aqua played chess, while the others sat about. This nice quiet evening was interrupted by a Yunyun's sudden outburst.

Yunyun: I want to have (Y/N)'s children.

When you heard these passionate words, your body turned stiff, and tea started leaking from the corner of your lips. The blushing Yunyun's fists were trembling. You weren't the only one who stood stiff. Everyone else was dumbstruck too. That was obvious since Yunyun suddenly blurted that out...

Aqua: Hey Megumin, can you hold on and not make your move yet? If you let me take back my move, I'll give you this weirdly shaped rock I found in a hot spring from Alcanretia.

... No, there was someone who couldn't read the mood at all right here. And that was the troubled Aqua, who was sitting opposite of Megumin, with a chess piece in her hand. You pulled yourself together as Hourai wiped away the tea from your mouth. Darkness remained still with her teacup tilted, her tea spilling all over Kazuma's lap. You placed the cup onto the table and asked Yunyun seriously.

(Y/N): ... What did you say?

Yunyun: I-I said, 'I want to have (Y/N)'s children'!

Yunyun yelled out with a flushed face in answer to my query. It seemed you didn't mishear her words.

(Y/N): ... No.

Kazuma: I didn't see that coming.

Yunyun: What?! Why not?!