Chapter 14

It was a cold morning as you walked towards the mansion. You have stayed at the orphanage sometimes so that you don't freeze during the night. You decided to cut through the forest to save some time while the Dolls were following close behind. You were floating on your newly acquired magic broom. You finally arrived at the front of the mansion to see that it is dark inside. You opened the door to see a freezing Kazuma and Aqua.

(Y/N): You guys okay?

Aqua: Achoo! *shivers* Cold... I'm so cold... Warm me up... Somebody warm me up...

(Y/N): *sigh* I'll take that as a no. *takes out blanket* Here you go Aqua.

Aqua: *wraps the blanket around her* T-Thank you so much! Where did you get it?

(Y/N): I borrowed it...

Kazuma: Ahh!

Aqua: What's wrong with you?!

Kazuma: Don't you get it?!

(Y/N): Get what?

Kazuma: Darkness went to deal with that lord last knight and never came back! She's probably... 

All 3: *scream of panic*

Cat: Meow!

(Y/N): Megumin? What's with the cute cat?

Megumin: I doubt she'll cause much trouble, so...

Kazuma: You want to keep her?

Megumin: If that's all right?

You and Kazuma walked up and petted the cat, but when Aqua came up...

Aqua: Ow! Hey, why'd she only scratch me?! Unbelievable! Between the jet black fur and the imperious attitude, I can sense some sort of malevolent aura! This makes three in total. So, what do you call this demonic beast?

Megumin: Chomusuke.

Kazuma: What'd you say-

Megumin: She's Chomusuke!

(Y/N): Chomusuke it is then. 

Megumin: Oh! (Y/N), where did your spear go? And what's with the broom?

(Y/N): It's a long story... It involves me, Koishi and Orin. There was a lot of magic and a lot of things blowing up. I'll tell you about it later.

Megumin: I see. What were you three screaming about anyway?

Kazuma: How can you be so calm? As we speak, Darkness might be...

Megumin: There may be unsavory rumors about that lord, but I doubt that Darkness-

Kazuma: That's the problem with Children! You still don't understand that deviant at all! " You can do what you want with my body...  But don't think you'll have your way with my heart!

(Y/N): That sounds about right.

Megumin: *drops Chomusuke* Wh-Wh-What should we do?! Darkness is in grave danger! What should we do?!

Kazuma: It's too late! Listen up. When she gets back, just be nice to her as you normally would.

Aqua: I-I get it! So we can't ask Darkness what it was like to climb the stairs to adulthood!

Megumin: Darkness... Darkness...

Sena: *slams door open* Is Satou Kazuma here?! Darkness... Darkness, she's...

Timeskip

Kill Quest: Defeat the monsters in the vicinity of Axel

Aqua: No! I don't want to be toad food again!