A New Promise.

Yoongi's head snapped up as he heard the familiar soft voice. "Are you okay?" 

"Seokjin?" Yoongi raised his eyebrows as he recognized an old friend, the two have grown up together. Their families were close as well, the two boys were inseparable but Seokjin had gone off to college for a few years leaving Yoongi behind. 

"Yeah, just call me Jin, stupid," Seokjin said quietly as he sat down next to Yoongi. "Did you miss me?" It was a silly question because they both knew that they missed each other so dearly. 

"Well, yeah." Yoongi turned back towards the water, with every wave crashing into the side of the cliff it made Yoongi think about Jimin and how much he would enjoy being there with him. "You left me,"

"It was for school," Seokjin reminded Yoongi, he knew he would find Yoongi here. Memories came flowing back in Seokjin's mind, he remembered going off to find Yoongi after he had a bad night at home, this was Yoongi's spot and forever will be. If only he could continue sharing it with Jimin, that would mean the world to him. "Besides, what are you doing out here?"

"Just sitting here, pretending everything is okay," Yoongi frowned, turning his head toward Seokjin, he was ready to share everything. "A lot happened in such short time, Jin," That's how Yoongi started off the conversation, he didn't know exactly where to start since everything was so insane and such a mess.

"Well, I'm back and ready to help my best friend." Seokjin smiled proudly like he always used to. He knew it made Yoongi feel more secure, knowing someone was willing to listen. "Now what's wrong," Even though Seokjin just got home a few days ago and wanted nothing more to enjoy his day with Yoongi he was ready to sit down and have a serious conversation any time of the day if it was going to help the other person. 

"I'm not so sure you can do much, he's already dead." Yoongi looked back down at the sharp rocks in the ocean. He didn't want to cry in front of Seokjin but he could already feel his eyes welling up with tears again. 

"Who?" Seokjin was beyond confused, he had no idea who Yoongi was talking about. 

"Jimin," Yoongi's heart ached just at the name, he suddenly came to the realization he was never going to see Jimin again. It truly broke his heart that he couldn't do anything about it. 

"Who's that..." Seokjin asked softly, he watched Yoongi's every move. He was unsure how Yoongi was feeling inside and was trying to recognize the emotions from his body movement. 

"He's Jimin," Yoongi bit his lip and held his breath, trying not to break down into tears. "He's gone," Yoongi knew that was no good explanation to give to someone but he knew if he talked about Jimin he was going to break down, probably the worse he's ever had. To him, Jimin was starting to become his whole world even though they had only known each other for such a short time. 

"What happened?" Seokjin raised his eyebrows as he wrapped an arm around Yoongi's shoulder, he was curious about this new boy in Yoongi's life. He could tell Yoongi cared a lot for whoever this Jimin guy was. 

"I couldn't protect him," Yoongi sighed loudly, shoving his face in his hands. Yoongi's short sentences were becoming a problem for Seokjin, he wished Yoongi would talk more and just let everything out.

"Was he your boyfriend?" Seokjin pushed questions and leaned his head against Yoongi's shoulder, letting go of a deep sighed. "I'm sure he loved you a lot."

"He was just a friend and my mom is so horrible she sent him to his death. I hate her, Jin." Yoongi shook his head, you could hear the hatred in his voice, there was no way Yoongi was ever going to forgive. "I really miss him." Finally, Yoongi let a few tears go, he wiped them away as fast as he could.