5

Miles POV:

I stayed at Olivia's until late evening, dragging out the party as long as I could watching her open all her presents. The intoxicating happiness and love under her roof was full and bursting out the windows and doors. There were few people left by the time the sun went down, I didn't want to leave but I eventually did around 11.

The next day was finally the first day of school. I had got so settled into going to the hospital all summer that until yesterday, I hadn't really even thought about school.

 I had got so settled into going to the hospital all summer that until yesterday, I hadn't really even thought about school

I walked down to breakfast that morning to see Jonah and Frankie making out by the breakfast table.

'Wow. Mum lets Jonah back into our house for two minutes and already you're abusing your privileges.' I shoot at Frankie who breaks from the kiss just to side-eye glare at me.

'Oh hey, Miles, how are you?' Jonah asks with a delicate tone. I felt a little annoyed that my light-hearted attitude couldn't pass for five minutes without someone checking on me. Jonah had seen Olivia when she had first woken up but he had been nursing a broken leg over the last couple of weeks. He'd also given up his stupid gel in his hair, thank god!

'Great actually, Olivia texted, she's coming to school today! Can you believe it?" I asked excitedly, it was such a miracle. It was amazing.

"Is it not a bit soon?." He looked at Frankie for some reassurance. I'd noticed since the bus crash they had grown so close, they could now do that couple thing where they had whole conversations in just a look. I had a strong feeling this one was about me.

'She thinks she's up for it so who are we to say no

'She thinks she's up for it so who are we to say no. On that note, brother, we aren't joining you and Olivia this morning, we are leaving early going to walk to there, to warm Jonah's leg up for doing a whole day around school.' Frankie ushered along the conversation and they both stood up hand in hand.

'Okay, that's fine you go. I was going to say you both look eager to get back to that make out session and it would probably be safer doing it off Mum's turf anyway.' I agree and it gets them both cracking a smile at me.