30

Miles' POV

She spam around on the balls of her feet, her lips parted slightly at the shock. She looked shocked and I didn't blame her. I had left without any word after that night.  I waited for her to reply, I wasn't sure how she'd respond.

I was ashamed that I had done all that I had done and still accepted her kindness

I was ashamed that I had done all that I had done and still accepted her kindness. I had taken advantage of her tiredness and I should of left after my confession to give her space to be rational about how she felt about it. She was a good person. I knew that, and especially since hearing everything she'd for people, it reminded me why I fell for her.
"Yes? Please." She replied unsurely. I knew it looked weird, fleeing and then coming back to offer a ride. Regardless, I was just happy she was accepting the ride.

"So..I heard you helped out student council today." I started as I gestured to her to follow me. She caught me up and walked me with me along to the car park.
"That was really cool of you." I complimented and she smiled a little at me and I felt the butterflies in my stomach. The way this girl had me was dangerous. I quickly got into the seat behind the wheel.

"You know me, always there to help others even when it leaves me stranded in a car park." She joked and let out a humoured breath. I started the car and immediately we both reached for the radio as it came on. There was an awkward dodging action as I pulled my hand away letting her pick what she wanted. It was all too routine.I told myself to just keep my hands on the steering wheel from then on.

The drive was quiet as I knew we both had things to say. I just didn't know how to start.
By the time we got to her house, I thought I'd missed my chance and felt like kicking myself.

I let Olivia get out the car and she was about to walk before she turned.
"Do you wanna come inside? I'm gonna need help sorting these clothes into bags." She said nervously and I nodded quickly. She broke into a grin.

We got to her garage where we had put the clothes in the great room move and immediately I didn't know what to do with myself. She had grabbed a bag and struggled with the other two.

"Give them to me." I took them from her and hauled them to the garden. Olivia sat her bag down and sat on the grass. I joined her.

There were bin liners of stuff. Olivia instructed me to hand her stuff so we could arrange it into piles. We started off awkwardly and then got into a good rhythm of organising.

"So I talked to Lola...I figured if what happened between you two happened, that meant you coming over after did as well...I just thought my crazy was getting worse." She started after a while and I focussed on the clothes.
"You have never been crazy." I confirm. She shouldn't talk about herself like that.
"Kinda felt like I was when you weren't there when I woke up." She looked down playing with her hands.

" She looked down playing with her hands