17

Miles POV

After school, when we were walking out, I gave Zoe one, good luck hug for her date and gave her a little wink. It was funny how on the same ground I had been picking her up for a date. Things change so fast sometimes for better or for worse.

I then crossed the car park to meet Lola

"Hey, you." I waved at her and she followed me to the car.
"I'm so glad you offered to take me with you to see Olive." She beamed as I opened the passenger door for her and she hopped in.

"Olive," I repeated, I hadn't said that in ages. Ouch.
"I invented that nickname, you know?" She explained as I started the engine and began pulling out of the car park.

"You're the one who made that?" I asked impressed. It surprised me initially, but I supposed it made sense, Lola Colada and Olive. Maybe Lola had a quirky need to make everyone a food or drink.

"That was me, the first day I met her. She was soaking wet, in a designer skirt and blazer looking like a hot mess. I just walked into the gas station to pick up some breakfast and I walked out with a best friend for life." She enthused and I looked over with a soft smile. It was a little painful to reminisce but I didn't stop her.

"I was the one who got her wet, I'd been furious about my dad and went for a run, to this day we haven't decided who's fault it was, but we ran right into eachother and she fell in the puddle along with my school kit which she picked up

"I was the one who got her wet, I'd been furious about my dad and went for a run, to this day we haven't decided who's fault it was, but we ran right into eachother and she fell in the puddle along with my school kit which she picked up." I laughed nostalgically, it was all so ridiculous, it was such a cliche way to meet that I would have expected it straight from a book, not real life. I guessed that was over now.

"She had a crush on you from the start, I could tell, I used to say to her. 'He's hot, right?' and she would never agree, I guess because of Frankie, but she eventually couldn't help herself and gave in." Lola smirked looking very pleased with herself and I felt myself sit up a little straighter.

"Nice to know you think I'm hot." I teased as we stopped at some lights.

"Oh please, even you know you're hot." She rolls her eyes deflecting any signs of embarrassment. She was sometimes so sure of herself and confident, I noticed, and other times she seemed so timid and shy.