One: Missed You

You've lived in Arizona for all your life. But you moved from one town to another a couple times, moving a lot has been hard so you decided to do homeschool a few months back. But you love it here and you also love the people here. Especially your best friend, Asher Angel. You've been friends for about 5 years now ever since you moved into your new house, with him living right down the street. But you aren't as close with him as you were before because he's worked hard in becoming an actor and hit a hug role on Disney Channel. He's been gone for about 9 months now. But he's coming back home for about a month because he's currently on a break from filming and able start to write his own music, since that has been a passion for him, too.
-
||Text||
Asher: I'm almost home just a couple minutes away:))
You: can't wait to see u
Asher: can I come over once we get there?
You: I think my mom wants us to come over to ur place once u get back 😂
Asher: yeah nvm that's what my mom just said too
Asher: see u soon
Asher: love u 🙃❤️
You: see ya ☺️
-

            Later on Asher messaged you saying they were home, your mom got a call from Asher's dad, Jody, saying you could come whenever you were ready. Your dad was still at work so it would just be you and your mom. You and your mom got ready and then headed out. You were kind of nervous because you haven't seen him in so long, and you had a small crush on him. You arrived at his house and then you knocked on the door. Coco, Asher's mom, had answered the door. 

 "Oh my gosh! It's so nice to finally see you both!" Coco says happily.

"Nice to finally see you too!" Your mom says. They give each other a quick hug, Coco also gives you a hug.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Your mom asks, quite excited.

"Oh yes! I was thinking maybe we could go on a girls night out, since it's been so long. Asher and (y/n) can stay with Avi and London, along with Jody. That's the plan, unless you had something else in mind?" She said, hoping that your mom liked the idea. 

"Oh no I think that's great!! (y/n), are you okay with staying over tonight?"

"I don't mind." You smile. 

"Oh come on in you two! Asher's upstairs, you can go up there." Coco says, inviting both of you in.  

"Okay, thank you." You smile. You walk upstairs and knock on Asher's door. You weren't new to his house, but it felt so different.

"Who is it?" Asher asks. 

"Take a guess." You let out a small giggle. 

 "You're already here?!?" You hear him scramble to the door. As soon as he opened the door he wraps his arms around you. You hug back, never wanting to let go. "I missed you so so much (y/n)." His voice cracked a little. 

"I missed you too, don't cry please. Or I'll start crying too." You let out a weak laugh.

"You have no idea how happy I was when I was told I'd finally be coming home. I was so excited to finally see you in person again after so long." He gives a tight squeeze.

 "You're too much." You put your head in the crook of his neck, smiling. Remembering, that it was never just a small crush. You were falling for him. You wished he felt the same way, but he didn't. He was always talking about a girl he met, he told you he was crazy for her. But he wouldn't tell you who. He always said "Not yet." When you had asked him. You both let go for what only seemed like seconds, only "So, are you taking me anywhere today?" You ask. Asher grins.

 "Actually, yes I am. We can go now, if you want." He chuckles. 

"Sure, I don't mind." You smile. 

"Then let's go. Mom won't mind, as long as we aren't gone for long." You both walk downstairs and he tells Coco. Then you both walk out on the steps. He stops you and grabs a bandana from his pocket. 

"It's a surprise and I don't want you to see until we get there. Can you put this on?" 

"Darn it, yeah I can. Why can't I see though?" You laugh. 

"It's special. It'll ruin the moment if you know what we're doing." He says as he wraps the bandanna around your eyes. 

"Ash I can't see!" You laugh. 

"Yeah. Kinda the point." He laughs. "Here. Take my hand." You try and reach for it, but you couldn't find it. Asher laughs again.

"Right here." He grabs your hand and chuckles. You blush, being hand-in-hand with Asher was something you didn't want to let go of. Literally and metaphorically. You and Asher walked down the steps. "It really isn't much of a walk, so you'll be fine." He assures you, but you felt like he was only saying that so you were less likely to complain. Which he knew you did a lot. But you never knew. Maybe he was telling the truth. The thought of all of this put a smile to your face as he lead you to wherever you were going. You listened and heard the soft crunching of leaves under your feet. Now you weren't really sure where you were going. You weren't scared, Asher wouldn't let anything happen to you. "Annnd, we're here. I'm really hoping you like this." He says nervously.

"Well there's only one way I can really find out, I can't get this off." You laugh as you try untying the bandana, but you couldn't find the knot.

"I got it." He unties it for you, but then covers your eyes with his hands, chuckling.

"Hey! I wanna see!" You whine.

"Nah, I think I'll just make you wait a little but longer." He laughs. You quickly move Asher's hands and uncover your eyes, completely dazed by what you had seen.

-

-

-

Word count: 1111 

A/N: Oh my gosh we just L O V E a cliffhanger don't we?!?!😍😍😂 Yeah sorry for that. I'm also so so sorry that it was such a looooooooong wait for the first chapter for this book. School and people just love stressing me out. Yeah I was never able to write until our fall break (Yes love that for me). So I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter, please comment and vote if you did!!!

- Jazzmine 🤩