Four: Only You

You and Asher had fallen asleep in the treehouse, you woke up with Asher sleeping right next to you. You grab your phone and look at your phone to check the time. It was about 7:00 p.m. You laugh to yourself, you and Asher both messed up your sleep schedule pretty badly. Asher started snoring, which made you laugh again. You didn't want to be up alone, but you didn't want to wake up Asher either. You decide just to go on your phone for awhile until you couldn't wait for Asher to get up any longer. Asher moves a little, laying his head on your shoulder. You turn towards him and started to run your fingers through his hair.

"How long have we been asleep?" He mumbles. You jump a little, not knowing he was awake.

"Oh, I'd say at least a couple hours." You giggle.

"Over an hour?!?" He quickly got up and rubbed his eyes.

"Yes, Ash. Well, when did you fall asleep?" You sat up with him.

"Not too long after you." He sighed. "But I'm still so tired." He says as he nuzzles into your shoulder.

"Well have you been sleeping well recently?" You ask, worriedly.

"Uh, well- yes." He laughed nervously. You may have been a bad liar, but Asher wasn't any better at it than you were. Maybe when it came to other people, but the both of you could never lie to each other, not that it was "friendship goals" or anything. It was just something that you both could see in each other.

"You lie."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Okay, okay." He sighs. "I haven't been sleeping well, there. Does it make you feel any better?" He says, very defensively. Then lifts his head up and looks at you for a response.

"No, of course not." You sigh, heavily. "Ash, what's the reason?"

"I'm not saying."

"Well why not?"

"(Y/n), it's embarrassing."

"You know I'm not here to judge."

"But you still do it. Everyone does."

"I'm here to help you, through anything and everything. That's what a best friend is for isn't it?" He didn't respond, you sigh again. "Ash, what could be so embarrassing about not getting sleep?"

"Well it's something I shouldn't have a problem with, that's why."

"Well let me help you. Please?"

He sighs and rests his head on your shoulder. "It's about work."

"Is someone stressing you out there?"

"Well, yes and no. I don't have a problem with anyone. Like I said before, we work great together. But it's just sometimes, well, stressful. Sometimes we just do so much and it makes me tired, then I can't do my best. Then once I get home I stress about how the next day will go. It keeps me awake almost all night."

"Asher that isn't embarrassing, everyone feels that way every once in awhile. It's okay."

"No it's not, (y/n). I want to do this for a living, and it's really stressful. I can't go through this all the time."

"Asher."

"What?"

"You'll be okay. Everything will work out eventually. It just takes time."